Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[FONT=&quot]Hey guys, i wanted to see if anyone can help me. So last summer my drive shaft got totaled and I replaced it with a new one. When I got my truck out of the shop it wouldn't go out of 4WD, the mechanic said it will kick in later and now 3-4 months later and the truck is still in 4WD and has service 4WD light on. I recently found out when i start the truck after checking the wire behind the pad to change from 4WD to 2 WD and so on that when I start the car I get a second where the lights blink.

[/FONT]

·
Registered
829 Posts
Having access to a scan tool that can read DTCs from the transfer case control module would make life a lot easier.

The pushbutton switches, and the encoder motors(what actually changes ranges on the transfer case) were both very common failures on those trucks. Either one will make it unable to shift.
You can remove the encoder motors and manually shift it in to 2wd if you need to.

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
Hey guys, i wanted to see if anyone can help me. So last summer my drive shaft got totaled and I replaced it with a new one. When I got my truck out of the shop it wouldn't go out of 4WD, the mechanic said it will kick in later and now 3-4 months later and the truck is still in 4WD and has service 4WD light on. I recently found out when i start the truck after checking the wire behind the pad to change from 4WD to 2 WD and so on that when I start the car I get a second where the lights blink.

Welcome new member. Why not join a 2001 Chevrolet Silverado Truck forum Leon?

·
Premium Member
3,790 Posts
Welcome new member. Why not join a 2001 Chevrolet Silverado Truck forum Leon?
Because 1st Gen Cruze Diesel is clearly the proper place for this question.😄

·
Premium Member
3,790 Posts
It is every month - though it shouldn't need to be. It should just be basic human nature.

·
Registered
148 Posts
[FONT=&quot]Hey guys, i wanted to see if anyone can help me. So last summer my drive shaft got totaled and I replaced it with a new one. When I got my truck out of the shop it wouldn't go out of 4WD, the mechanic said it will kick in later and now 3-4 months later and the truck is still in 4WD and has service 4WD light on. I recently found out when i start the truck after checking the wire behind the pad to change from 4WD to 2 WD and so on that when I start the car I get a second where the lights blink.

[/FONT]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
7 Participants
Ravenkeeper
Chevrolet Cruze Forums
CruzeTalk.com forum, news, discussions and the best community for owners to discuss all things related to the Chevy Cruze.
Full Forum Listing