Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, my name is Lisa and I am in Nelson, New Zealand. I am looking a buying the 2005 Chevy Cruze, details listed below. I've never had a Chevrolet before and never seen a Chevy Cruze before, love the look of it but can't seem to find any pro's/con's, what to look for etc on google. Can anyone here please help me pro's/con's, what to look for, known defects etc so I can decide whether or not to purchase it.

Make: Chevrolet
Model: Cruze
Year: 2005
Kilometres:65,042km
Body:Black, Hatchback
Fuel type:Petrol
Engine size:1320cc
Transmission:Automatic
History:1 owner, Imported
Registration expires:This month
WOF expires:Sep 2016
Features:Air conditioning
Central locking
Driver airbag
Passenger airbag
Power steering

Thank you in advance :)
Lisa

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
Hi there, my name is Lisa and I am in Nelson, New Zealand. I am looking a buying the 2005 Chevy Cruze, details listed below. I've never had a Chevrolet before and never seen a Chevy Cruze before, love the look of it but can't seem to find any pro's/con's, what to look for etc on google. Can anyone here please help me pro's/con's, what to look for, known defects etc so I can decide whether or not to purchase it.

Make: Chevrolet
Model: Cruze
Year: 2005
Kilometres:65,042km
Body:Black, Hatchback
Fuel type:Petrol
Engine size:1320cc
Transmission:Automatic
History:1 owner, Imported
Registration expires:This month
WOF expires:Sep 2016
Features:Air conditioning
Central locking
Driver airbag
Passenger airbag
Power steering

Thank you in advance :)
Lisa
Is this the car in question?
Land vehicle Vehicle Car City car Chevrolet
If so, here is a brief review I was able to find on it.
http://www.carsurvey.org/reviews/chevrolet/cruze/2005/

I'm not sure if any members here have experience with this model as it's specific to a few overseas locations....hopefully someone will chime in and help you out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hi there, yes that's the car. I've read that review but it seems that's the only one I can find too. Hopefully someone can shed a little more light on this. Thanks for your reply, appreciate it. Here's some more photos:

Land vehicle Vehicle Car City car Hatchback Car seat cover Vehicle Car seat Car Head restraint Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mini SUV Sport utility vehicle Land vehicle Vehicle Car Suzuki swift Hatchback Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mini SUV Sport utility vehicle

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Very interesting car! I never knew such a thing existed.

·
2,254 Posts
Holy toledo! That's a first for me, never heard of it either. I clicked on this thread thinking it was a typo.

I can't help here, but I'll be the first to welcome you to CruzeTalk! :D

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
The 2001 to 2005 Cruze was based on the Suzuki Ignis and was sold only in Japan and Australia (Holden). You're definitely the first member we've had even mention it. If you buy it please give us a review.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Just a confirmation - the Suzuki Ignis was sold in Oz as the Holden Cruze - I remember looking at the Suzi back in the late 1990's as a low-cost city-only car, decided not to get it as it was very tinny and basic.

I'm surprised that they also did a Chevrolet version, I wonder were they were sold? (Apart from EnnZed! :) )

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Just a confirmation - the Suzuki Ignis was sold in Oz as the Holden Cruze - I remember looking at the Suzi back in the late 1990's as a low-cost city-only car, decided not to get it as it was very tinny and basic.

I'm surprised that they also did a Chevrolet version, I wonder were they were sold? (Apart from EnnZed! :) )
Japan as a Chevrolet. I'm guessing that since OP's post refers to Chevrolet it's a Japan import.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the welcome, looks like it's a good talking point lol - Will be taking it for a drive tomorrow, so will post my findings :) If they let me I'll take photos of the motor, in case it may mean anything to you guys ... other than changing a tyre and looking after the water, oil, power steering fluid, battery and window washer fluids, I'm very limited when it comes to the actually workings i.e. motor etc.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Will be taking it for a drive tomorrow, so will post my findings :) If they let me I'll take photos of the motor, in case it may mean anything to you guys ... other than changing a tyre and looking after the water, oil, power steering fluid, battery and window washer fluids, I'm very limited when it comes to the actually workings i.e. motor etc.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Thanks for the welcome, looks like it's a good talking point lol - Will be taking it for a drive tomorrow, so will post my findings :) If they let me I'll take photos of the motor, in case it may mean anything to you guys ... other than changing a tyre and looking after the water, oil, power steering fluid, battery and window washer fluids, I'm very limited when it comes to the actually workings i.e. motor etc.
Sounds good, would like to hear what you think. My best guess is that if it was well maintained, it should be a good car.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Japan as a Chevrolet. I'm guessing that since OP's post refers to Chevrolet it's a Japan import.
Makes sense, due to the way Japan handles ageing vehicles, and EnnZed's lack of a car industry they import a lot of Japanese vehicles that have become too expensive to register in Japan but are perfectly fine mechanically.

I'd also forgotten the way the Japanese car industry badge-engineers to a ridiculous degree, I've heard of dealerships on four corners of an intersection selling different "brands" of cars that are mechanically identical, the only difference is the name and interior trim level!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts