Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

2008-2016 CRUZE intercooler install

1117 23
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will check it out, I thought the cars have an intercooler already? I see that the charge pipe goes through something near the radiatior but I haven't had the front bumper off to check.
they do but it’s very restrictive and sandwiched in between the radiator and the AC condenser. The intake temperatures on these cars get pretty hot and the car feels sluggish because of heat soak.

· Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Much colder. Oem intercoolers heat up to 125-175* this intercoolers core is typically half that. Even on a 100* day.

· Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gen 1 Cruze is imported from Australia. Over there it’s the Holden CRUZE. They started in 2008 in Australia. This fits the right hand drive version too.

Reactions: Jimster480

· Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Honestly a lot of companies out there just drag each other through the mud. I don’t get involved with me versus them. I have a lot of people who run my parts. I have no idea what the differences between mine and theirs. I don’t even look at competitors builds. I can tell you my system is currently installed on a car that produces almost 400 hp and has amazing intake temperatures. I’d rather just let my parts speak for themselves then try to say why I am better or let someone else say that I’m worse.

· Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I appreciate that very much. Even if it’s not supporting me supporting anyone in our community is important. If a company knows people want products companies will make the products. So as long as people still want my custom parts I will stop make custom stuff for everyone.

· Premium Member
3,909 Posts
Gen 1 Cruze is imported from Australia. Over there it’s the Holden CRUZE. They started in 2008 in Australia. This fits the right hand drive version too.
I have a 2012 Australian Holden Cruze and it loves hot weather, even when it is 40C+. The diesel engine was changed in 2011 from a single cam 4V belt driven configuration to a duel cam VVT with chain drive. The engine on the right is mine.
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive exterior

· Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cool!!!! How much power does the Australian version have?

· Premium Member
3,909 Posts
The 2008-2011 Cruze was from imported from Korea. Late 2011-2016 sedan and hatchback were made in Australia. The hatchback was actually designed in Australia, but built in both Europe and Australia. The blue Hatchback is my daughter's 2015 1.6T petrol engine and my diesel silver. Hatchback is 6m mine is 6A.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

· Premium Member
3,909 Posts
No I meant is your newer cruze Diesel the same VM Motori engine that comes in other markets.
It was built in Europe and I have seen it was also used in India, so I suppose it has been used in other places as well.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts