Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

2010 cruze petrol coolant leaking

877 Views 2 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  Juwles
I have 2 issues with my 2010 Holden cruze petrol car. I firstly had a lot of smoke coming out of the exhaust when accelerating hard while reversing up a driveway. The next day, I was driving the car when the engine starting shaking and 3 warning lights signalled. Code reader stated code p0301. Researched on net and found it to be 1st cylinder of coils that needed replacing. Car got towed to mechanic and coils were replaced. Noticed coolant leakage on floor while filing up on petrol. Mechanic checked water pump but it was dry. There’s a cloudy white residue when you look under the cap. Mechanic thinks the leak is coming from gasket, under a metal plate that is difficult to get too. Does anyone know if this could be the problem and if it’s a good idea getting to this part to replace it? Will it cause more issues later? The car only has 70k on it and is 11 years old. Never a good time to replace it…
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
14,174 Posts
A code P0301 may mean that one or more of the following has happened:

Faulty spark plug or wire
Faulty coil (pack)
Faulty oxygen sensor(s)
Faulty fuel injector
Burned exhaust valve
Faulty catalytic converter(s)
Running out of fuel
Poor compression
Defective computer
Read more at: OBD-II Trouble Code: P0301 Cylinder 1 One Misfire Detected

There’s a cloudy white residue when you look under the cap.
What cap? The oil cap? If so, you may want to do a compression test to see if you have a head gasket leak.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, it’s the coolant cap. The coils have already been replaced. Fixed one problem. Mechanic says the coolant leak is coming from the timing case gasket. Mechanic put sealant in the coolant to stop the leak temporarily. It did the trick for now. Is it a good idea to fix this problem as it’s a hard part to get too? Or should I just keep an eye on the coolant level and gauge for now?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.