Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone
I have a 2010 jg holden cruze with 157000kms on the clock. There is 1 issue with the car it starts and idles fine then when you drive it and start to load the engine up when its temperature is cold the car jerks backwards and forwards and engine light flashes until you push the clutch in. The problem goes away once the engine comes up to temp then the car drives perfect no problems at all. You can leave for an hour or so and then drive it and will be fine due to still being warm. If you leave it over night when you go to drive it the same problem happens with jerking and the engine light appearing. If i leave car idling for half an hr before driving the car is warm and no problems runs perfect. Has anybody got any suggestions to fix it.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,134 Posts
The US don't have a manual diesel. I believe it could be the fuel pump losing pressure over a long period of being idle. I have seen the same problem with a petrol engine. In a diesel you may be getting a bit of air in the fuel and it takes a while to sort itself out. I am only guessing but it sounds like it may be this issue. By the way do you know if the timing belt has been changed yet. If not it is way overdue.

If you go to the Holden Cruze Facebook site some of the guys there have a JG diesel and may be able to help you.

·
Registered
168 Posts
It sounds to me like an open loop issue. Since the problem goes away once the car is warmed up, you might want to check your EGR valve (don't know if you are equipped with one).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have checked and gave the egr valve a clean very little carbon build up. With the egr on start up/ idle should this be open or closed? I understand the vsv contols the egr just not sure if that is working and suppling vacuum to valve. Timing belt has been changed awhile back.
In regards to an open loop issue what do you mean by that?
Thanks

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have checked and gave the egr valve a clean very little carbon build up. With the egr on start up/ idle should this be open or closed? I understand the vsv contols the egr just not sure if that is working and suppling vacuum to valve. Timing belt has been changed awhile back.
In regards to an open loop issue what do you mean by that?
Thanks
The EGR should be open until the vehicle reaches a certain temperature. Open loop is a condition that the vehicle runs in until the o2 sensors reach operating temperature. Long story short, the car uses MAF readings to make fueling decisions during warm-up, once the car is up to temp the o2 sensors take over.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The vsv that controls the vacuum to operate diaphragm in the EGR only creates a vaccum for 2 seconds then vaccum stops i think its a tad strange. Any tips on testing that vacuum switching valve? Would an auto elec test it and is there anything else he should test for when i take it there. Thank you very much for ur help

·
Registered
948 Posts
Just in case - have you had the BCM/ECU recall applied yet?

These cars are so dependent on the electrical system being 100% that it could be a factor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts