Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I already know the 2011 does not have the apparent software to tune for e85. Both BNR and ZZP say the same thing. Is there a way to swap to 2012 ecu? I want the performance gains of e85 but not sure if its possible?

· Registered
89 Posts
I have a 2011 Cruze 1.4L and run straight E85. The computer is missing a pin or something required for the flex fuel sensor so it has to be straight E85. Needs injectors and tuning (y)

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a 2011 Cruze 1.4L and run straight E85. The computer is missing a pin or something required for the flex fuel sensor so it has to be straight E85. Needs injectors and tuning (y)
I wasn't sure if it was possible to tune for straight e85 or not. I think it is something with the software on 2011 that isn't capable of using the flex fuel sensor. I would like to run e85 primarily but if I get somewhere it's not available then be able to use premium.

· Registered
89 Posts
I wasn't sure if it was possible to tune for straight e85 or not. I think it is something with the software on 2011 that isn't capable of using the flex fuel sensor. I would like to run e85 primarily but if I get somewhere it's not available then be able to use premium.
Yeah either carry a small can of E85 to get you to a known servo (Kwik-E-Mart) if you run out or a can of 98 (93 I think) and switch the tune when it runs out. I'm lucky because I have E85 a few minutes away, that's really the only reason I decided to change to a full E85 tune...

· Registered
256 Posts
yea I mean that is the thing, you need the sensor to be safe and be able to drive anywhere.

· Registered
12 Posts
My way was diy. I bought some fittings for the fuel line, some fuel line (in case wanted to reroute the line) and a sensor for like 70 bucks. The pigtail was like 10 bucks. Then you just need an extra Dupont connector (female ECU pin, connector side) to wire it into the ECU. Then find someone that has HP tuners or something like that. You just need to turn it on. The tables are already there and populated in the e78 ECU. It's a very easy and quick way to make more power. BUT, you will need bigger injectors. I went with 60lb, but you could use 42lb too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts