Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm looking for advice dealing with my turbo.

So a quick rundown of what happened a few nights ago. I was driving home from and was stopped at a stop light in the city. The light turned green and I started to drive. The car shifted from 1st to 2nd, then right after that the pedal kinda felt different and the car was acting funny. I pulled over and looked but didn't see anything wrong right then, so I got back on the road. Once I got back on the road and tried to get back up to speed, the car just would not do it. I had the pedal completely against the floor and was going about 35mph. I was about an hour home and can't afford to take it to a dealership and pay for labor plus parts, so I eventually got it home. The whole way home I would try to give it some gas and see if (maybe) it was just some odd coincidence and the car just magically fixed itself! No, that didn't happen. I pull in to my drive way and since it's late at night and quiet in my neighborhood I can finally hear what the car is doing. There are LOUD squealing noises coming from the engine bay. I stop and kind of give it little revs and every time the turbo spools up it just has a loud whine to it.

I'm fairly confident that the turbo is blown, but for some reason I'm really nervous to start taking it apart. I know my way a little around cars and know basic stuff, but I've never had to deal with turbo problems before so it's a little intimidating.

Have any of you dealt with a blown turbo on your cruze? Was it easy to take off and examine? Any advice or input would be greatly appreciated.

· Super Moderator
7,370 Posts
It may be helpful to others if you could share the current odometer reading as well as the vehicle’s previous service history.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.