Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this car almost 4 years ago. Every winter I have the same problem. I start it and it starts hard and sputters for a few seconds and then goes back to normal. Took it in last year while I was on warranty and it wasn’t cold enough and they couldn’t find anything wrong. Yesterday was the first cold day of the winter. Around 0 degrees f. For the first time it wouldn’t start. Finally after about ten times or so of trying it started. Any ideas?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I should note. Last year when I was having the issue I put a new battery and spark plugs in. Also had the starter and alternator tested. I’m at about 111,000 miles. Also after the rough start after sitting all night it usually starts fine the rest of the day.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Trying turning key to RUN for 3 seconds and the back off, two or three times before starting car. If this alleviates issue youre looking at a bad check valve in the fuel pump.

If you have access to a scan tool see if the IAT and ECT are within about 3 degrees of each other after car has sat overnight.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried that yesterday after it hadn’t started the first couple times. Is the check valve something that acts up in cold weather? Because this is the 3rd year of this now so wouldn’t the pump have gone by now if that were the problem?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
Dkruck
Chevrolet Cruze Forums
CruzeTalk.com forum, news, discussions and the best community for owners to discuss all things related to the Chevy Cruze.
Full Forum Listing