Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm Anders and I'm new here :cool:

I'm 20 years old and I'm from Denmark, this is my new 2.0 VCDI 163 HP Chevrolet Cruze.:rolleyes:

ImageShack Album - 17 images

The Cruze version in Denmark is born with the integrated navigation / bluetooth / AUX/USB, aswell as "cruze-control", and it's a diesel this one, the Cruze in Denmark also comes with a petrol 1.8 engine, at a cheaper price. However I'm glad I picked the Diesel version with the 360 NM - It just keeps pulling :eek:

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
"Welcome" to CruzeTalk...what fuel economy do you get at highway speeds?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Surprisingly, i took it for a ride to germany,

44.69 MPG (19,5 KM/L) on a trip that was 165.22 miles (266 km)

However the car at that time had only driven 600 kms (about 320 miles)

And it was loaded with 400 kilos of extra weight + a passenger and me. :)

The 400 kilos was on the way home, the passenger was with me the whole time :p

And I drove around 85 mph (130-140 km/t)

So I'm very pleased.

I hope this was enough info :)?

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
...yes, "Thank You." I'm drooling, as a USA diesel Cruze would be great...if only GM would offer one over here.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I love the diesel, unfortunatly we dont have the 1.4T here, so I havnt tried it, but the 2.0 diesel really fits the car, it's not even close to being slow, at red lights I start in 2nd, and go up to 60 mph in less than 8,5 seconds! However lead-feets are heavily reducing MPG :) It's like its not even burning the diesel when i put the throttle down. Unfortunatly, I guess you cant have it all :).

Is there any reason why you havnt got the diesel? Hows the diesel prices versus petrol prices? In Denmark Petrol is 8,6 $ a gallon, while diesel is 6,8 $ a gallon.

I've heard your petrol prices is only about 5 $ O.O?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Very nice, I like your wheels. I would love to see another diesel coming to the us, diesel near me about 419 ish, and it's about 409 for 87 regular, and prem (93) is a little more expensive then diesel. maybe around 4:30ish, I haven't looked in a few days.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very nice, I like your wheels. I would love to see another diesel coming to the us, diesel near me about 419 ish, and it's about 409 for 87 regular, and prem (93) is a little more expensive then diesel. maybe around 4:30ish, I haven't looked in a few days.

When you say 93, is that octan number :)?

Here in denmark its octane 92, 95, or 99. 92 is same price as 95 :)

The wheels are standard, and I think they are horrible :p

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yes, our Petrol/Gasoline prices are roughly $4.00 - $5.00 USD a gallon right now, but don't let that fool you. Europeans and Americans same the same amount of private cost, but the taxes are vastly different. If gasoline was taxed the same way it was in Germany or England, we would all be in the same boat.

Also, while I would also love to see a Diesel Cruze in the States, I think our emission laws are too strict to allow the same kind of great gas mileage Europeans typically enjoy.

Putting it simply, cheap gas prices are too culturally ingrained into U.S. society and business to allow otherwise. That's why anger over gas prices is so on this side of the Atlantic.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, our Petrol/Gasoline prices are roughly $4.00 - $5.00 USD a gallon right now, but don't let that fool you. Europeans and Americans same the same amount of private cost, but the taxes are vastly different. If gasoline was taxed the same way it was in Germany or England, we would all be in the same boat.

Also, while I would also love to see a Diesel Cruze in the States, I think our emission laws are too strict to allow the same kind of great gas mileage Europeans typically enjoy.

Putting it simply, cheap gas prices are too culturally ingrained into U.S. society and business to allow otherwise. That's why anger over gas prices is so on this side of the Atlantic.
Yeah I know it's the taxes.. And the high price we pay is normal to us :p My car without insurrance cost me: 52.463,90$. I kid you not, due to our high tax prices.

52k$ is alot for a 20 year old :)

Hows your "emission laws" ? CO2 /mile?

·
Registered
15 Posts

Vw's diesels wasn't always allowed in california a few years ago, til they went into ultra low sulfur, though california wasn't always so strict, now we do have Mercedes diesels E320 CDI, ML CDI, GL CDI and one diesel from bmw 335d. vw, jetta, golf, toureg tdi. and maybe the new bug.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yes, we do have Diesel engine vehicles here in the U.S., but when I compared them to their European counter parts, they seemed to fall behind in terms of gas mileage. I could be wrong now, but that is the impression I was left with.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yeah I know it's the taxes.. And the high price we pay is normal to us :p My car without insurrance cost me: 52.463,90$. I kid you not, due to our high tax prices.

52k$ is alot for a 20 year old :)

Hows your "emission laws" ? CO2 /mile?
That price is... wow. Just wow. What a culture shock.

Ahem, that said, I can't quite answer your question about emission laws. You can look up HOWSTUFFWORKS and WikiPedia for it, but I know that we do measure emission standards by Pounds of CO2 per Megawatt Hour. The trick is while mandatory US laws exist, Europe doesn't appear to have such mandatory laws. the California Standards set against green house gasses are even more strict; which results in many vehicles having lowered performance vs. their non-California counterparts.

Accept that as generalization though. I'm simply not an expert on this.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts