Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

341 - 360 of 394 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Oh, and I have a v3 kit that will be released this month that can be installed without intake manifold removal for $75 shipped.

It will be on cruzekits.com soon.

Sent from my BlackBerry Key2 using Tapatalk
I was going to order a v2 today but I suppose I will wait to order one of these. Just had a CEL light up and another valve cover went bad. Tired of this.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I installed the pcv hose kit (replaces nylon hose) along with v2 kit. I checked a day later to make sure oil was no longer seeping out wherever it could do to pressure. Glad to say there’s no oil.

However, I noticed the fuel hose for the pcv hose kit was sorta compressed. Like a straw compresses when sucking too hard on it. Is this normal? It didn’t seem like it had compressed enough to create a blockage.

·
Administrator
15,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #343
I installed the pcv hose kit (replaces nylon hose) along with v2 kit. I checked a day later to make sure oil was no longer seeping out wherever it could do to pressure. Glad to say there’s no oil.

However, I noticed the fuel hose for the pcv hose kit was sorta compressed. Like a straw compresses when sucking too hard on it. Is this normal? It didn’t seem like it had compressed enough to create a blockage.
It does get a bit compressed under vacuum. I'm actually sending out new PCV hose (which is much stiffer) to everyone that ordered that hose in the next couple of months as I didn't notice it under testing. The fuel hose will do just fine for a year or two, only real issue is the constant flexing breaks the hose down faster. You'll get a package in the mail with some new hose and zipties, and instructions on getting the old one off. It's not an urgent issue as it doesn't affect the operation of the PCV system and the hose goes right back to normal shape during normal driving (only compresses at idle and on deceleration) or when the engine is off. I did advertise it as an upgrade though so I'll be sending you and everyone else some new hose soon free of charge.

·
Registered
6 Posts
It does get a bit compressed under vacuum. I'm actually sending out new PCV hose (which is much stiffer) to everyone that ordered that hose in the next couple of months as I didn't notice it under testing. The fuel hose will do just fine for a year or two, only real issue is the constant flexing breaks the hose down faster. You'll get a package in the mail with some new hose and zipties, and instructions on getting the old one off. It's not an urgent issue as it doesn't affect the operation of the PCV system and the hose goes right back to normal shape during normal driving (only compresses at idle and on deceleration) or when the engine is off. I did advertise it as an upgrade though so I'll be sending you and everyone else some new hose soon free of charge.

That’s awesome to hear you’re doing that. Thank you so much. Your kit was amazing by the way.

·
Registered
9 Posts
[QUOTE = "cruze01, message: 2754578, membre: 1106"]
J'ai remarqué que la conception du kit de collecteur d'admission sur Amazon que vous référencez est un peu différente et dit "Les conceptions sont améliorées et modifiées pour incorporer les mises à jour, les mises à niveau et les bulletins de service technique" Je me demande s'ils ont corrigé les pièces de la semaine et les ont améliorées ?
[/CITATION]
je crois que oui mes sugère de changer le convert de valve aussi
La

·
Registered
24 Posts
I ordered from ACDelco a brand new PVC hose not but a few months ago and I've determined that the whistling is coming from this hose. I did the airflow test and sure enough, I can blow and suck air into the hose. Is the check valve at the turbo inlet normally visible when looking in at various angles?

·
Administrator
15,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #347
I ordered from ACDelco a brand new PVC hose not but a few months ago and I've determined that the whistling is coming from this hose. I did the airflow test and sure enough, I can blow and suck air into the hose. Is the check valve at the turbo inlet normally visible when looking in at various angles?
Shine a flashlight in and check. Might just be stuck.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Shine a flashlight in and check. Might just be stuck.

Sure enough, it was stuck. Suggestions for safely unsticking it without breaking it? I believe this check valve is the final issue with my whistling saga.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
513 Posts
Sure enough, it was stuck. Suggestions for safely unsticking it without breaking it? I believe this check valve is the final issue with my whistling saga.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I soaked mine in hot water and dawn dish soap for a bit then cleaned and blow it out. Seems to work ok.

·
Administrator
15,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #350
I soaked mine in hot water and dawn dish soap for a bit then cleaned and blow it out. Seems to work ok.
This would work, as well as some soaking in a mild solvent or even spraying it down with some brake clean or degreaser then washing it out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
OK, So i experienced the lost PCV valve issue, I've replaced the valve cover, intake, hose, and the front crankshaft seal. I am still getting the P0171 code!!!! What else could it be? the car runs much better after replacing everything but I still cant get it to not throw a code. Could it be a bad MAF sensor also? Is there a way to check that without the pricey diagnostic scanner?
There is no oil leaks, no more whistling(crankshaft seal), no rough idle, no loss of power, the car runs like when I bought it at 30K.

I don't know what else to do and I don't trust dealer or mechanics, they'll want to change it all again
PLEASE HELP! 2014 Cruze LT, 86K miles.

·
Premium Member
513 Posts
OK, So i experienced the lost PCV valve issue, I've replaced the valve cover, intake, hose, and the front crankshaft seal. I am still getting the P0171 code!!!! What else could it be? the car runs much better after replacing everything but I still cant get it to not throw a code. Could it be a bad MAF sensor also? Is there a way to check that without the pricey diagnostic scanner?
There is no oil leaks, no more whistling(crankshaft seal), no rough idle, no loss of power, the car runs like when I bought it at 30K.

I don't know what else to do and I don't trust dealer or mechanics, they'll want to change it all again
PLEASE HELP! 2014 Cruze LT, 86K miles.
some tips here https://www.cruzetalk.com/threads/error-code-p0171.20785/

·
Registered
4 Posts
same problem here 2012 cruze with 1,4 also replaced cover with pcv valve, replaced intake manifold replaced injectors, replaced purge valve still rough idle and shows p0171, p0133, p2096 both short term and long term fuel trims are at 34 each what do i do??? please any help would do

·
Administrator
15,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #354
same problem here 2012 cruze with 1,4 also replaced cover with pcv valve, replaced intake manifold replaced injectors, replaced purge valve still rough idle and shows p0171, p0133, p2096 both short term and long term fuel trims are at 34 each what do i do??? please any help would do
Replace the PCV pipe. You can get my PCV pipe upgrade for less than a new one on CruzeKits.com.

If that still doesn't do it, grab my boost leak test kit or make your own and look for vacuum/boost leaks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
No fix. I still see intake manifolds and valve covers fail all the time. Now, the corrugated hoses are cracking more frequently too. It's a **** shame.

I spent many hours designing the kit to fix the intake manifold issue, so at least there's a cheaper solution. GM could have done the same.
What is the fix that you came up with? Email me with the fix if you could at [email protected].
Thanks

·
Administrator
15,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #356
What is the fix that you came up with? Email me with the fix if you could at
Thanks
Just sent you an email. I recommend deleting your post as your email address will likely get picked up by some spam bot.

·
Administrator
15,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #358
Hi do you have the fix 3 for this?
The v3 pcv fix kit? Yes, send me your email address and I can send you an invoice for it.

341 - 360 of 394 Posts