Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

381 - 391 of 391 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Just hope its not a crank seal because thats what just happened to me. Car didnt leak from the seal till after I put on a dorman valve cover then it blew my seal. Im having a gm cover put on this week and my mechanic said that the gm cover might stop the crank seal leak. Im having my doubts on that but well see. If it dosnt work then I guess ill be spending 700 $ for him to pull the motor to fix the seal. I also did the pcv v2 kit at the same time.
pull the motor? Huuuuuuh. I replaced my crankshaft seal in under an hour.

·
Administrator
15,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #382
pull the motor? Huuuuuuh. I replaced my crankshaft seal in under an hour.
I was talking to him before. Rear main seal is suspected to be leaking. I've had countless phone calls come in for aftermarket valve covers that don't flow enough and cause excess crankcase pressure to build, which causes oil loss from all seals around the engine. I literally get these calls a few times a week and every time, I recommend using an OEM valve cover and the problem goes away.

Sent from my BlackBerry Key2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
94 Posts
Sweet I hope I get lucky. Picked up the gm valve cover on friday. Should be put on monday. Along with amsoil signature.

·
Super Moderator
7,475 Posts
Just hope its not a crank seal because thats what just happened to me. Car didnt leak from the seal till after I put on a dorman valve cover then it blew my seal. Im having a gm cover put on this week and my mechanic said that the gm cover might stop the crank seal leak. Im having my doubts on that but well see. If it dosnt work then I guess ill be spending 700 $ for him to pull the motor to fix the seal. I also did the pcv v2 kit at the same time.
Hi,
I came here to help my daughter figure out what is wrong with her 2014 cruze LT turbo. She has been dealing with mechanics who can't figure it out. I intend to be her hero ;).. Her boyfriend took the car to a mechanic complaining of an oil leak. The mechanic replaced the valve cover gasket. The oil leak came back. The mechanic couldn't find the leak but replaced the valve cover gasket again and also replaced the "PCV VALVE". Yesterday the car spewed oil all over the right side of the motor, causing the serpentine belt to come off and the car to over heat. I looked at it today. What a mess. Anyway, I googled the issue and came across this forum, where I learned about the PCV issues these cars have. I am guessing that a failed PVC system is causing oil to plow out of the valve cover or possible the hose coming off the intake manifold. Maybe the crank seal? Thoughts?
Happy to be here,
Rick
The bad PCV in the intake will cause the vacuum regulator on the valve cover to blow, then it starts to blow oil out any weak spots starting with the crank seal, the CPASV seals, the valve cover etc. If you change the seal, make sure your water pump is not leaking prior as it could be still covered under an extended warranty. If it is take it to the dealer for replacement. If you do the work, I would suggest you spend the extra and get a new belt and tensioner.

·
Registered
94 Posts
The intake is brand new with the v2 kit. Also the valve cover was brand new but it was a dorman not a gm cover. I should have orderd a gm cover from the beginning

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ok, what do you all recommend I do? Replace valve valve cover and gasket, as well as install a V1 kit? Then see if my leak goes away, or should I go ahead and plan to do the crank seal also?

·
Super Moderator
7,475 Posts
Ok, what do you all recommend I do? Replace valve valve cover and gasket, as well as install a V1 kit? Then see if my leak goes away, or should I go ahead and plan to do the crank seal also?
I would do the seal, but you can wait until after you install the kit.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Hey guys I think I tracked my oil leak To the throttle body i think. I have oil dripping on the driveway. Can this be from the PCV valve issue or separate problem? I also see some around the oil cap or valve cover gasket not sure but seems to be coming out of the oil cap rather than the gasket. I just wiped it all down so I can try to track it the next time I drive it. If anyone can help me to diagnose and how to repair it would be much appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
571 Posts
After I drove today I checked to see if I can find fresh oil. I don't see any by the oil cap yet. But I did get fresh wet oil on the bottom of the clamp on that big pipe/hose. I was able to tighten clamp screw probably a full turn felt like i could have gone more. But thought I heard some crackling so I stopped. Maybe the hose is cracked underneath. I don't know. I wiped it down again. Going to see if it gets wet next time I go for a drive. If it's wet again, I may want to unclamp the hose and see if anything is damaged or cracked under the clamp. I dont understand how oil can be coming out if its clamped down unless it just wasnt tight enough or is cracked. Can I unplug that plug that's connected to that big hose/pipe without any problems? Sorry I don't know the names of these parts lol

381 - 391 of 391 Posts