Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

401 - 411 of 411 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
8,545 Posts
I am sure it is; I was very liberal with the epoxy on both sides of the IM. But I will check again and re-apply. I would be surprised with how I put it on and left it to dry that it would leak again, but always worth checking. I am going to be replacing the corrugated tube in a few minutes with actual proper tubing just to rule it out, as well as replace the o-ring(s?) at both ends of the hose. I got some of them good hose too. (haha!)
I forgot about the hose. I also had issues with that, especially after I lost the washer thing when I pulled the clip too far out.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've got a stupid question. I know I'm headed for a kit, probably V3. My question is, if you still see the red thingy, how do you install this kit. Right now a good cleaning seems to have solved my issue, but I've got 80,000 plus on the car, clock is ticking on my PCV.

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
8,545 Posts
I've got a stupid question. I know I'm headed for a kit, probably V3. My question is, if you still see the red thingy, how do you install this kit. Right now a good cleaning seems to have solved my issue, but I've got 80,000 plus on the car, clock is ticking on my PCV.
It is just a silicone thumb sticking out from the mushroom part. Cut it off, push it through, how ever you can. It is just basically a friction fit. It will fall into the intake and be eaten by the engine.

·
Premium Member
2015 Cruze LT 1.4, aka Yuffie, aka RecklessRed
242 Posts
Yeah. That this is an sob to get on and off without losing or breaking something. So far, I got both ends off, cut, and threaded and epoxied tips to them. Hose is cut to length. That part will go quick. I also cleaned up the screw plugging the hole, and but some more expoxy on there while I was there. There is sludge in the old hose though. I am thinking condensation, as I have no signs of coolant anywhere entering the hose. I am happy to say there is like zero oil in my turbo inlet where the hose connects. It;s a little slick, but not enough to really even see, so that's good.

·
Administrator
15,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #406
Yeah. That this is an sob to get on and off without losing or breaking something. So far, I got both ends off, cut, and threaded and epoxied tips to them. Hose is cut to length. That part will go quick. I also cleaned up the screw plugging the hole, and but some more expoxy on there while I was there. There is sludge in the old hose though. I am thinking condensation, as I have no signs of coolant anywhere entering the hose. I am happy to say there is like zero oil in my turbo inlet where the hose connects. It;s a little slick, but not enough to really even see, so that's good.
Don't do that. I specifically recommend against adding more epoxy. Less is better in this case. Adding too much epoxy may cause it to flake off over time due to exposure with water and petroleum products. Epoxy works best as a bonding adhesive between two surfaces. All you need is a good glob of it on the V of the clip, or on the thread of the screw (V1/V2.1 kits).

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
Don't do that. I specifically recommend against adding more epoxy. Less is better in this case. Adding too much epoxy may cause it to flake off over time due to exposure with water and petroleum products. Epoxy works best as a bonding adhesive between two surfaces. All you need is a good glob of it on the V of the clip, or on the thread of the screw (V1/V2.1 kits).
Word. Well, I did add a little to it, not much though. I for sure did not go overboard. I am pretty sure that wasn't leaking anyway. I did axe the corrugated hose and use a good solid piece of fuel line with an fittings. It's hooked up and I was driving it. It sounds a littttlle better, and for sure the hissing sound dropped dramatically, and it doesn't surge idle anywhere near as bad. So, I am generally plussed. I am about to take off the DDM heatshield and inspect everything else that I can while I am already digging around, as well as take my tune back to stock and see if it does the same, then gradually add my torque, fueling, cam timing, etc back. I am thinking it's a combo of my vve tables and the temp change out here and a couple of vacuum/boost leaks. I don't have a boost leak kit and cannot buy one right now, so I will just be able to check the basics. I got an exhaust leak somwhere's too, so might as well just check it all. Lol. Good thing I like working on cars. :)

For tuning idle, you guys got any tips? I cannot really find anything for these cars. I don't care what tuning platform. Doesn't matter to me. Still tuning the same ECU/engine. For the record, I am using HPT.

·
Administrator
15,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #408
Word. Well, I did add a little to it, not much though. I for sure did not go overboard. I am pretty sure that wasn't leaking anyway. I did axe the corrugated hose and use a good solid piece of fuel line with an fittings. It's hooked up and I was driving it. It sounds a littttlle better, and for sure the hissing sound dropped dramatically, and it doesn't surge idle anywhere near as bad. So, I am generally plussed. I am about to take off the DDM heatshield and inspect everything else that I can while I am already digging around, as well as take my tune back to stock and see if it does the same, then gradually add my torque, fueling, cam timing, etc back. I am thinking it's a combo of my vve tables and the temp change out here and a couple of vacuum/boost leaks. I don't have a boost leak kit and cannot buy one right now, so I will just be able to check the basics. I got an exhaust leak somwhere's too, so might as well just check it all. Lol. Good thing I like working on cars. :)

For tuning idle, you guys got any tips? I cannot really find anything for these cars. I don't care what tuning platform. Doesn't matter to me. Still tuning the same ECU/engine. For the record, I am using HPT.
Can you further explain what you did with that corrugated hose?

Sent from my BlackBerry Key2 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
Can you further explain what you did with that corrugated hose?

Sent from my BlackBerry Key2 using Tapatalk
Absolutely. I got the hose 3 inches from the connector at each end. With the two hose connectors in hand, I then measured a piece of rubber hose (actually it's fuel line) that was a couple of inches longer than the corrugated one.

Now that I had the pieces needed, I took each connector and carefully cut back the remaining corrugated hose to react the connector, then used a little RTV on the threads of the an fitting and after getting it thread into the plastic, I took it out, rtv'd again, because I screwed up, and used the same epoxy that I used on my PCV fix kit, and threaded it in, then put a little more around the to of it where the fitting meets the connector. Let it dry, attached hose, did the same to the other connector, reinstalled, job done. :) I will do a writeup today on it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Okay so I am battling the dreaded P0299 code. Not my first time getting this code! Got it a year ago and replaced the exhaust manifold and turbo cause mine was cracked. That worked for over a year and now I’m getting it again. Checked with a camera thru the O2 sensor hole. No cracks this time. Found this forum....started reading and reading and reading and more reading! Found that my valve cover was hissing from the PVC. Replaced valve cover, still getting the code. Replaced the “corrugated hose”....still have the code. Checked for the orange nipple in the intake...it’s still there. Checked the one way valves by sucking and blowing into lines and that works fine. Replaced the inlet and outlet turbo hoses, the MAP sensor, the turbo sensor on the outlet turbo hose. Still giving me the code P0299. I’m out of ideas and could use some expert advice and help!!! 2014 Cruze LT 115000 miles.

·
Administrator
15,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #411
Okay so I am battling the dreaded P0299 code. Not my first time getting this code! Got it a year ago and replaced the exhaust manifold and turbo cause mine was cracked. That worked for over a year and now I’m getting it again. Checked with a camera thru the O2 sensor hole. No cracks this time. Found this forum....started reading and reading and reading and more reading! Found that my valve cover was hissing from the PVC. Replaced valve cover, still getting the code. Replaced the “corrugated hose”....still have the code. Checked for the orange nipple in the intake...it’s still there. Checked the one way valves by sucking and blowing into lines and that works fine. Replaced the inlet and outlet turbo hoses, the MAP sensor, the turbo sensor on the outlet turbo hose. Still giving me the code P0299. I’m out of ideas and could use some expert advice and help!!! 2014 Cruze LT 115000 miles.
Do a boost leak test. Figure out where your leak is.

Just because the valve in the intake manifold is there, doesn't mean it's not leaking, although it wouldn't leak much if the valve was at least there. Check intercooler charge pipe connections and the throttle body to charge pipe clamp as well.

401 - 411 of 411 Posts