Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

181 - 186 of 186 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Had this issue reported by a few people. Obstruction/blockage in the valve cover. One of them was on a brand new OEM valve cover. Told him to replace it. He did and problem went away. It's not common but it happens.

You should also inspect the check valves. When all of these components work well, the car runs well.

Sent from my BlackBerry Key2 using Tapatalk
I am going to check the valves this evening. So you're saying there's probably an issue with the new valve cover, correct?

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
So what gives? All saying 100% failure rate....I’m at 108k never had an issue w the PCV at all, unless they replaced it before I got the car at 24k....there was pressure escaping from the main pulley gasket(would squeak air as I **** the car down...covered under warranty 29k...) but no PCV failure, full synthetic oil since 90k...always high test gas, am I lucky? 90%hwy driving..

·
Administrator
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #183
So what gives? All saying 100% failure rate....I’m at 108k never had an issue w the PCV at all, unless they replaced it before I got the car at 24k....there was pressure escaping from the main pulley gasket(would squeak air as I **** the car down...covered under warranty 29k...) but no PCV failure, full synthetic oil since 90k...always high test gas, am I lucky? 90%hwy driving..
Inspect the check valve in the intake manifold. If it's still there, it's leaking or stuck and not working properly anyway.

They all fail without exception. It's just a matter of time.

Also, front main seal failure happens right after the PCV system fails. Pretty common. Did you fix that yourself or did they do it?

Sent from my BlackBerry Key2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
I started to have this issue with my 2012 LT RS Cruze. I got the following codes: P0171, P0106 and P1101. I did get the P0301 misfire but it was due to the 3 codes listed before. We did some research and found the following COULD be wrong with the car: Valve cover, O2 sensor, MAF sensor, MAP sensor, ignition coil or PCV hose. I was having the same issues as reported on several other threads... check engine light was coming on, then the traction control/stabilitrac warning. The car would idle extremely rough, pulsing between 500-700 RPMs. When I would turn the car off, my fan would kick in and run for a bit as well.

Here is what we replaced (and did not fix the issue):
Valve cover and gasket
Ignition coil
MAF sensor
spark plugs
Seafoam cleaner
Lucas Oil Injector Cleaner

After more looking (my brother did a lot of research and testing with my car) and discovered 1 part we overlooked. The PCV valve tubing (GM part# 25193343). The tubing was so brittle and hard that it has broken down near the connector, under the exit turbo enlet. We replaced the part with a heat hose and it fixed the issue! We put the old ignition coil on to test, and it was still good. We also tested the old MAF sensor and it worked as well. We did keep the new spark plugs, as those needed to be replaced anyway. And we still think it needed the dreaded valve cover replaced as well. All in all, instead of spending $800 at the dealership to get it fixed, we spent around $140 (not including the beer I paid my brother for the work). I wanted to post this for those having issues and to make sure that you look at all the possible spots. This one was a little hidden.

here are some pics of the hose (old and new):

Factory PCV hose:
View attachment 216898

PCV hose removed from the car. It broke near the connector.
View attachment 216906
View attachment 216914

New hose that is on the car now and fixed the issue.
View attachment 216922
How did u remove the end that DOESNT have the pin clip ?

181 - 186 of 186 Posts