Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

161 - 180 of 189 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Anyone know the part number for the connection retaining clip that’s underneath the intake manifold right next to the vacuum hose on the passenger side? I have searched everywhere and can’t find it anywhere

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you so much for this! I ordered your V.2 Kit and will have my mechanic assemble it for me. I am ordering the Valve Cover, right now. I don't know if I need a new hose. Is there any way to tell from the codes I had pulled?
P0103
P0171
P1101

·
Administrator
15,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #165
Thank you so much for this! I ordered your V.2 Kit and will have my mechanic assemble it for me. I am ordering the Valve Cover, right now. I don't know if I need a new hose. Is there any way to tell from the codes I had pulled?
P0103
P0171
P1101
Those are all codes related to the PCV issues. Not sure if you need a new hose, but I'd replace it just in case. They're only $35-ish on Amazon.

·
Administrator
15,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #168
Curiosity of mine, if the red valve isn't there when you check, where does it end up?
Ingested by the engine and burned through the exhaust.

Sent from my BlackBerry Key2 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
15,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #171

·
Registered
121 Posts
I don't see why not, but it's 3x the price of the Bonomi valve.

Thats true. I was asking essentially to verify the specs, b/c its much lighter weight than the brass valve. There are quite a few less expensive options in nylon with viton seals. Appreciate you figuring out a fix, though.

·
Administrator
15,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #173
Thats true. I was asking essentially to verify the specs, b/c its much lighter weight than the brass valve. There are quite a few less expensive options in nylon with viton seals. Appreciate you figuring out a fix, though.
The weight isn't as much of a factor if mounted directly with metal like my kits do. If you were to hang it somewhere inline, then that valve would be preferred. The Bonomi valve really is an incredible value for what you're getting. It will probably out-last the car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
After replacing the valve cover and intake manifold I am now getting P0299 and P015b. Any idea what could be causing this?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have just replaced the valve cover on my daughter's 2015 Cruze and now it's suddenly getting oil all over the engine and dripping off the bottom. It was never like that before. I did not do any investigating prior to replacing the cover, our local parts house read the codes and pointed out the issue with the diaphragm and they recommended replacing it. After reading your information, I suspect the check valve is the issue. I'll be checking it this weekend.

Would replacing the valve cover end up putting too much pressure in the engine causing it to leak oil like I'm describing? If so, do we now have a much bigger issue or do you think replacing the valve (assuming it's gone) would take care of the issue?

Thanks

·
Administrator
15,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #180
I have just replaced the valve cover on my daughter's 2015 Cruze and now it's suddenly getting oil all over the engine and dripping off the bottom. It was never like that before. I did not do any investigating prior to replacing the cover, our local parts house read the codes and pointed out the issue with the diaphragm and they recommended replacing it. After reading your information, I suspect the check valve is the issue. I'll be checking it this weekend.

Would replacing the valve cover end up putting too much pressure in the engine causing it to leak oil like I'm describing? If so, do we now have a much bigger issue or do you think replacing the valve (assuming it's gone) would take care of the issue?

Thanks
Had this issue reported by a few people. Obstruction/blockage in the valve cover. One of them was on a brand new OEM valve cover. Told him to replace it. He did and problem went away. It's not common but it happens.

You should also inspect the check valves. When all of these components work well, the car runs well.

161 - 180 of 189 Posts