Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
took a nice 2 hour drive this past weekend man the cruze is quiet, i was on 2 way highway the hole time driving 55-60 miles per hour. temp was around 50 ....my mileage was 40 mpg beleive it or not iam very happy with that kind of mileage especially with gas being 3.55 per gal.:D

·
Registered
3 Posts
37-38

Its been warming up here, My aver. mpg when I reset it on the highway has been in the 37-39. When I get in the city of course it drops. My wife kills the milage 32 mpg after she drives. She is in and out of the throttle to much. My Cruze is a LTZ

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
Its been warming up here, My aver. mpg when I reset it on the highway has been in the 37-39. When I get in the city of course it drops. My wife kills the milage 32 mpg after she drives. She is in and out of the throttle to much. My Cruze is a LTZ
...what are your highway driving speeds?

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
On a 275 mile trip today I averaged 73MPH and 35.4MPG (from the tank fill up, not DIC, DIC said 36.8MPG). Everytime I catch up to a trucker in the passing lane, I'll get up within a car length to draft, and for about 115 miles I had a strong tail wind, which also helped my mileage quite a bit.

I'm extremely glad I have the Cruze, like mentioned before it's uber quiet, rides like a dream, and the mileage isn't so bad either haha. My last vehicle could maybe average 17MPG on a flat road going highway speeds with a tailwind, otherwise it was around 13MPG.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts