Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2011 Chevy Cruze will not start and the service tech at the Chevrolet dealership is baffled because when I had it towed there he says the car is starting up fine.
1. This is the second time I've put it in service at the same dealership for the same problem. The first time I was told it was a loose fuse block cable.
2. The service tech say he needs the car not to start to properly diagnose the issue.
3. When the ignition is turned on no engine light comes on. All the dashboard lights come on. No repeated clicking noise. Sometimes it start right up and sometimes it will not.
3. Now my car is at the dealership in the service department for the 2nd time for the same problem and Im told since its not malfunctioning they can't fix it.
4. Please help!

·
Super Moderator
2015 Chevrolet Cruze LT 1.4L Turbo
2,738 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

The technician is correct. You can't fix something that is not broken when you are trying to diagnose it. You could leave the vehicle with the shop until they figure it out if you have access to another vehicle or can rent one.

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
2,777 Posts
Negative battery cable?

·
Super Moderator
2,738 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
2011 Chevy Cruze will not start and the service tech at the Chevrolet dealership is baffled because when I had it towed there he says the car is starting up fine.
1. This is the second time I've put it in service at the same dealership for the same problem. The first time I was told it was a loose fuse block cable.
2. The service tech say he needs the car not to start to properly diagnose the issue.
3. When the ignition is turned on no engine light comes on. All the dashboard lights come on. No repeated clicking noise. Sometimes it start right up and sometimes it will not.
3. Now my car is at the dealership in the service department for the 2nd time for the same problem and Im told since its not malfunctioning they can't fix it.
4. Please help!
Update: After dealing with the service tech about this no crank no start issued I called the dealership service manager. He got right on the problem and called me later in the day and said that my car is fixed and there is no charge. Im going to pick up my car in the morning and the service manager is going to ACTUALLY SHOW ME what the problem was! I can't wait to learn about this stuff!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm curious what it was also but I would have pulled the fuse block connections and checked/cleaned them also the battery terminals. That would be my first thoughts.

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
2,777 Posts
Great to hear!

·
Super Moderator
2,738 Posts
Show and tell was one of my favorite activities as a service advisor. It really helps get the point across.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Update: After dealing with the service tech about this no crank no start issued I called the dealership service manager. He got right on the problem and called me later in the day and said that my car is fixed and there is no charge. Im going to pick up my car in the morning and the service manager is going to ACTUALLY SHOW ME what the problem was! I can't wait to learn about this stuff!
About 2 weeks before the no crank no start problem I had an severe oil leak fixed by a auto repair service that was not the dealership service department.
When I went to pick up my car the service tech was very nice. He said there was a loose cable connected to the fuse block! And he showed me where cable is on the car and how to check it out if I ever have this problem again.
Now I may be wrong but I think its a mechanics trick. I think its a trick because when I talked to the service Mgr he didn't seem baffled like the service tech was about this problem. The service Mgr figured out my no crank no start issue within hrs.
I think with that make a model car a mechanic can intentionally make fuse block cable loose so that the car will have this mysterious no crank no start problem and charge a customer for a whole new starter or make up fictitious part replacements.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts