Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have received much help in this forum for my 2011 Chevy and have yet another never ending list of problems with this car. This time there seems to be an Oil Leak happening. I have changed the PCV system with the V3 kit and the Oil feed line seems to be replaced (not by me though) and there is no leak anywhere near it. I cleaned the engine bay and drove the vehicle for 12 miles and could see fresh oil being formed.

Here are the pictures for better understanding. The leak is happening on drivers side.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you @Thebigzeus so should I check near the throttle body and would you be knowing where I should look at (sorry I am still learning where all the parts are) Is it an easy fix ? I have already spent much on this vehicle and my old posts here bear my despair

Registered
Thank you @Thebigzeus so should I check near the throttle body and would you be knowing where I should look at (sorry I am still learning where all the parts are) Is it an easy fix ? I have already spent much on this vehicle and my old posts here bear my despair
Loosen the screw with a screwdriver and wiggle the plastic pipe off. It may take some wiggling and firm pulls but it will come off. Rag out all the drippy oil. You may have to do this several times as there is oil in the intercooler. When the PCV goes oil gets pulled through a lot of areas where just clean are are soposed to be.

There is no easy way of cleaning the inter cooler without removing it. Youtube search "Cruze Intercooler". The Youtube Channel is "Mr Kenny" if I recall correctly. He pulled the bumper and washed the intercooler. Took a lot of time, but honestly the way the world is right now, it would be very easy to do with standard tools if your not actively driving that much.

I would probably pull the air hose of the feed side of the intercooler passenger side and see if I could get oil to drip out of there. I have not had this apart, but I think trying to drain the oil there would be easier than full removal of the intercooler.

I've noticed signs of the rubber intercooler pipe on my cruze on the passenger side, lower engine show signs of oil contamination of the rubber. It's only time before that oil erodes that $40 hose.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No worries. The circled part. Red squiggly lines are my guess of how it鈥檚 leaking down. View attachment 286541
Thank you so very much @Thebigzeus for highlighting the portion that needs to be checked. I'll try it out this weekend and thanks to @carbon02 as well for giving the video link. The procedure does look intimidating and sadly I don't have a ramps and the place I am living does not have a garage space to clean. I'll try unplugging the hose and see how much oil I can get off the hose. Is there any repair or part replacement or is it just the oil that is collected there due to a bad PCV that needs to sucked out

Registered
I was having the EXACT same issue. Turned out that my leak was coming from the oil filter. It was on wrong somehow and spraying every time I pressed the gas.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts