Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2011 Chevy Cruze 1.4lt sometimes has a rough idle but not always. The code it throws is p0131. I've changed the o2 sensor and that did nothing. The valve cover was just replaced and so was the pvc pipe that goes to the turbo. If someone could help me figure this out it would be appreciated! Thanks guys!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
Before shotgunning any more parts get this thing attached to a tech II.

Verify that the coolant sensor readings are being reported.
If the sensor sends disrupted info, for example, low coolant temperature, the air fuel mix will be disrupted rich.
This will set pre cat o2 codes.......but it is the o2 trying to tell you something is amiss upstream.

BTW.....my response IS based on your being certain the cooling system is full......RIGHT?

Rob

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
The valve cover was just replaced and so was the pvc pipe that goes to the turbo.
There's also a orange check valve in the manifold. If that's gone, then it will put excessive stress on the valve cover PCV.

Reactions: Merc6

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Before shotgunning any more parts get this thing attached to a tech II.

Verify that the coolant sensor readings are being reported.
If the sensor sends disrupted info, for example, low coolant temperature, the air fuel mix will be disrupted rich.
This will set pre cat o2 codes.......but it is the o2 trying to tell you something is amiss upstream.

BTW.....my response IS based on your being certain the cooling system is full......RIGHT?

Rob
Yes my coolant is full I will get it attached to a tech II. Thanks!

·
10,713 Posts
Where is that located?

In the intake manifold where the corrugated tube to turbo went. it may be covered in oil after all those years so you may need to spray it with intake cleaner to find it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In the intake manifold where the corrugated tube to turbo went. it may be covered in oil after all those years so you may need to spray it with intake cleaner to find it.
What do I do if the check valve isn't there?

·
Registered
40 Posts
The intake manifold must be replaced for about $300. It includes the injectors, throttle body, sensors, gaskets, and hardware. It's not hard to replace, less than an hour by a competent mechanic.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts