Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2011 chevy cruze started jumping and sputtering on full acceleration or whenever it's goes above 15 psi. It started doing this a few weeks ago and thought it was the ignition coil. I changed the ignition coil and it was fine until about a week later when it started doing it again. On full acceleration the traction control and stability control will turn on sayings it's failing or something like that and the engine light will blink. As soon as I let off the accelerator it all goes away. I am tuned and have a down pipe and CAI. I would appreciate any help that you guys can offer thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
25,608 Posts
This could be the first signs of a PCV valve failing.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought it might be that but it doesn't idle rough or anything. The only time it's rough is when I accelerate fast otherwise it's like there's nothing wrong with it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I thought it might be that but it doesn't idle rough or anything. The only time it's rough is when I accelerate fast otherwise it's like there's nothing wrong with it.

I'm having the same issue with mine. Idles perfectly but giving it any sort of throttle produces hesitation, whether it's 10% throttle or 100% throttle. I've tried 3 different spark plugs gapped anywhere from .022 to .030 to no avail. I'm starting to wonder if my coil pack is bad. 2015 ECO 6MT with 11,000 miles FYI.

·
Premium Member
1,943 Posts
I'm having the same issue with mine. Idles perfectly but giving it any sort of throttle produces hesitation, whether it's 10% throttle or 100% throttle. I've tried 3 different spark plugs gapped anywhere from .022 to .030 to no avail. I'm starting to wonder if my coil pack is bad. 2015 ECO 6MT with 11,000 miles FYI.
Since your car is still under warranty I would just take it into the dealer. As for the OP it pretty much sounds like what my car behaved like with spark blowout. You could also try cleaning off the MAT and MAF sensors as they can develop oil buildup.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have now developed this fault with my 1.6turbo. What was the diagnosis. Would love to fix this without going to a delear.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,196 Posts
If you're running a tune, drop the plugs to .024" or so and see what happens.

Make SURE that the springs are straight in the ignition coil boots.

·
Registered
36 Posts
No tune on my car. Cleaned the MAF and MAP sensors and it's cleared the problem for now. I suspect a new MAF may be required soon.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts