Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

2011 Chevy Cruze BCM problems!!!

6K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  whataboutauto 
#1 ·
Hey. I have a 2011 chevy Cruze that recently has had flood damage. Well the bcm lays right in the floor broad and it got under water and ruined it. the bcm to get replaced threw the dealer ends up in the thousands because of the programming where it is all vin locked together. So what I am wondering is where this bcm is vin locked to only my car and other ones out of junk yards wont connect and work on my car is that could I go to the junk yard and get the bcm and also get the ecm and pcm all three off the same vehicle there and bring it home and plug it up because I cant think of anywhere there could be data store to still have it vin locked. I hope I'm doing this right because it's my first time. Thanks for any help you can give.

Discussion starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately not. I purchased the car from a boy down the road cheap thinking water may have just got in the starter and had it froze up which ithad done that also but the bcm fot ruined also. the car already had a rebuilt title

Discussion starter · #6 ·
What I was told was is that I can purchase a bcm from them (387.00)or purchase a new bcm from anywhere and bring it to them with my old one and they could do the programming with just the two bcm. but after the programming and I bring it back home and install the new bcm in my vehicle I have to then drive the car back to the dealership for more programming

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.