Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Chevy Cruze LS
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys I been having this issue for couple months now on n off. Have received a code of P0335 (Crankshaft Positioning Sensor) which I immediately replaced. Problem is I keep getting Service Power Steering, Service Stabiliti trak, and Service Traction Control. I have done the typical replace “negative battery cable” everyone always pointed too for electrical issues and issue still there. So I live in AZ n what happens is I’ll get a “Service Power Steering” alert and all gauges start going haywire and lose rpms whole driving. Does it continuously until I pull over. At this point I’m completely lost and what like to know if anyone has had these issues or at least similar. Any help is appreciated.

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
13,251 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Chevy Cruze LS
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’m just very surprised how many have had similar issues and their hasn’t been a definite response or fix. I’m running out of options and really don’t want to waste my money on a $100 Diag test just so they can say they “can’t replicate” the issue.

·
Premium Member
8,012 Posts
How old is the battery? Others have reported all kinds of issues that disappeared when a 2-3 year old battery was replaced.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ok guys I been having this issue for couple months now on n off. Have received a code of P0335 (Crankshaft Positioning Sensor) which I immediately replaced. Problem is I keep getting Service Power Steering, Service Stabiliti trak, and Service Traction Control. I have done the typical replace “negative battery cable” everyone always pointed too for electrical issues and issue still there. So I live in AZ n what happens is I’ll get a “Service Power Steering” alert and all gauges start going haywire and lose rpms whole driving. Does it continuously until I pull over. At this point I’m completely lost and what like to know if anyone has had these issues or at least similar. Any help is appreciated.
Did you ever get this resolved?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Are you having similar issue?
Yes, I am. I bought a used 2013 Chevy Cruze 1.8. DTC P0335 (Permanent) and Service Traction Control/Service Stabilitrak notifications. Tachometer is not working.

So, far I have replaced (with Genuine GM OEM parts):

Both Camshaft sensors
Crankshaft position sensor
Negative battery cable

Also, checked the CKP female connector's wiring and there was no loose or broken wires.

Still getting the same symptoms with no change.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Yes, I am. I bought a used 2013 Chevy Cruze 1.8. DTC P0335 (Permanent) and Service Traction Control/Service Stabilitrak notifications. Tachometer is not working.

So, far I have replaced (with Genuine GM OEM parts):

Both Camshaft sensors
Crankshaft position sensor
Negative battery cable

Also, checked the CKP female connector's wiring and there was no loose or broken wires.

Still getting the same symptoms with no change.
I believe this fault can cause all your symptoms
What have you checked other then toss parts at it?

What causes the P0335 code?
P0335 can have a variety of causes such as:
  • Open or short in the wiring harness
  • Poor electrical connections
  • Crankshaft position sensor failure
  • Damaged signal plate
  • Broken timing belt or chain
  • PCM faulty

·
Registered
9 Posts

• Damaged signal plate
  • PCM faulty
I've checked the first 3 from the list. The timing belt is not broken because it runs and drives ok. The PCM would be very expensive.

·
Registered
9 Posts

• Damaged signal plate
  • PCM faulty
@Jcote, quick question. Does the engine have to be at TDC, when the crankshaft position sensor is replaced?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts