Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The best way I can describe the issue is that while driving my vehicle will stop accelerating, lose speed and the RPMs wille either maintain or struggle to maintain/increase and if I push the gas pedal to try and push through, white smoke will come out the back of the vehicle. This issue just suddenly started occurring out of the blue with no warning lights or check engine light coming on. Mechanic can't find any issues and in their test drives, the issue didn't occur. Pulling over and turning the car off for a couple minutes, then turning it back on, my car will sort of have the issue, but it can be pushed through, then won't have the issue again until the next time I drive. Might be unrelated, but around the time this problem occurs, I can smell something that i can only be describe as a savory smell. Vehicle usually shifts around 3 to 3.5k RPMs

·
Registered
60 Posts
The best way I can describe the issue is that while driving my vehicle will stop accelerating, lose speed and the RPMs wille either maintain or struggle to maintain/increase and if I push the gas pedal to try and push through, white smoke will come out the back of the vehicle. This issue just suddenly started occurring out of the blue with no warning lights or check engine light coming on. Mechanic can't find any issues and in their test drives, the issue didn't occur. Pulling over and turning the car off for a couple minutes, then turning it back on, my car will sort of have the issue, but it can be pushed through, then won't have the issue again until the next time I drive. Might be unrelated, but around the time this problem occurs, I can smell something that i can only be describe as a savory smell. Vehicle usually shifts around 3 to 3.5k RPMs
I’m assuming you have an a/t might be your torqe converter is going out if It‘s a m/t I would say it’s your clutch

1 - 2 of 2 Posts