Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 Cruze 1.8 43k miles

Today i replaced the gaskets on the oil cooler (i could smell oil when i ran the heat)

Now the car runs like its hot, the check engine light is on with code P00B7

The coolant is full, and i dont smell oil anymore but what could be the issue, it ran fine before i changed the gaskets.

Could the coolant not be flowing through the cooler correclty, i also noticed the temp gauge will read in the middle and then go back to cold.

Any thoughts on what the issue could be ??

·
Registered
696 Posts
2011 Cruze 1.8 43k miles

Today i replaced the gaskets on the oil cooler (i could smell oil when i ran the heat)

Now the car runs like its hot, the check engine light is on with code P00B7

The coolant is full, and i dont smell oil anymore but what could be the issue, it ran fine before i changed the gaskets.

Could the coolant not be flowing through the cooler correctly, i also noticed the temp gauge will read in the middle and then go back to cold.

Any thoughts on what the issue could be ??
According to Google, the code, P00B7, means "the powertrain control module (PCM) had detected a discrepancy in the correlating signals between the radiator coolant temperature sensor and the engine coolant temperature (ECT) sensor."

I interpret that to mean the hot side reading of the radiator is cooler than the cool side reading. When I combine that with the "temp gauge will read in the middle and then go back to cold", I'm thinking you have a faulty connection on one of the two temp sensors. I'd start by checking that both are plugged in securely and that there is no damage to the wires.

You removed the exhaust manifold for this? You're very brave :)

Doug

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Easy to do, just don’t understand, why the coolant isnt flowing correctly, think i need to pull it back apart tomorrow

1 - 3 of 3 Posts