Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know so little about cars, it's irritating, but I need some help. I was driving quite normally and on my dash I get warning lights for my ABS and traction control. I read somewhere that it's still driveable, so I drive it for a few more days. All of the sudden, a few days ago I try accelerating and it barely makes it past 40mph and I get a loud hissing coming from under the hood. I have no idea what the **** this means, but I haven't driven it since. Does anyone have any idea what the problem may be? I scheduled an appointment to have it checked with a Chevy dealership because I have a good warranty, but they can't see me for two weeks, and I need a car.

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
Just go straight to the dealer; do not pass go, do not collect $200.
OP stated that the dealership couldn't get him in for 2 weeks.

We do have a Chevy Customer Care account that is active, you could try to get with them to get into your dealership earlier. Just a thought.

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
OP stated that the dealership couldn't get him in for 2 weeks.

We do have a Chevy Customer Care account that is active, you could try to get with them to get into your dealership earlier. Just a thought.
Well I know that, but it's not something he should really be driving.

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
Until the OP gets his other concerns resolved (another thread....'How screwed am I') there is no point in speculating about this concern.

Rob

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just to give an update. My turbo was completely shot. The valve cover also. They replaced both of them under warranty. The thing is, when I got this car a year ago, there would always be a slight lag around 12mph, like a gear shift, but very noticeable. I was told by many people it's supposed to do that so I dealt with it. After they replaced my turbo, that lag is completely gone. Looks like this car was a ticking time bomb with the turbo since I had it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts