Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems like it is connected but doesnt work only once in awhile, gets frustrating.
any ideas????

·
Registered
40 Posts
MY original droid works fine. What "sometimes" works? Meaning you see the icon on the radio sometimes and someitimes you dont? That happens to me, I just need to turn off bluetooth on the phone then on again.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tried that doesnt work so annoying with this phone, if i have to get rid of this phone i will.

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
...ask your Service Department manager about a GM bulletin that lists some of the USB devices that are supported.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The incredible is on the supported list. Must be the htc lineup. When I first bought my cruze, my env2 connected, phonebook and all no problem. Then I got a new Verizon HTC Thunderbolt............then the fun began. Through the help of a little experimentation and help from others, we figured out if we decline the address book import, the phone connects and stays connected. Every time I accept uploading my contacts, the phone connects and disconnects. Anyhow, give this a shot.......may not be the answer you wanted but it gets you half way there until htc or gm comes up with a fix.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Which version of android OS?

Seems like it is connected but doesnt work only once in awhile, gets frustrating.
any ideas????
Which version of the Android OS are you running? In my case, my cruze wouldn't read the music on my Captivate unless I used a custom 2.3 rom. With 2.2, USB gave me a "not supported" message on my radio screen. As far as contact sync issues, recommend that you unpair and go through the setup again. Once you connect for the first time via BT, look for a followup notification message on your phone asking for the Cruze to acces your contacts to sync. When you see the message, check the box to remember or always allow, click yes/allow and should be good going forward. I occasionally experience instances where I have BT on, I get into my Cruze and it doesn't automatically connect. Apparently this is an issue with android devices and easily corrected by going into your phone's BT menu and scanning for available devices. Usually connects right after that.. Hope this helps

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
if i decline contacts stays connected works great!!!
is there anyway to add contacts manually in the cruze??

thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have the same phone / problem...

Delete the bluetooth connection from the car and phone.. you will have to restart your phone first to do this.

then go thru the pairing process again but when the pop up message comes up on you phone asking if you want to allow access to your contact press no.

after doing this my phone functions normally now.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah but no contacts! i would love to add like 10 contacts manually anyway to do this???

thanks

perry

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes?? Can you please tell me how??

thanks

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks so it doesnt show up on the navigation screen once you voice store it, see i was looking for a way to store on the screen so when someone calls me it shows up
thanks
perry

·
Registered
27 Posts
If you allow the car to have access to the phone book on your phone, it will show up with whatever the listing in your phone is on the screen with the standard radio or the navigation unit.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes but that goes back to the original issue! if you give access to phone book, Contacts show up on nav screen, but, phone locks up!! it is an HTC issue.
thanks
perry

·
Registered
27 Posts
That must just be an issue with the nav or the HTC phone then, because it works fine with my Droid X on the standard radio.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts