Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Stacy --

I have brought it back this week. I was told by the service manager that the problem was reproduced but the problem was not something that could be fixed and that I would have to live with it. It was his opinion that was related to the coolant. He was unable to put any time table to the solution, but he was hopeful that at some point would go away. Clearly that is an unacceptable response. I can't be inhaling toxic fumes while driving the vehicle.

I have written directly to dealership about receiving a refund on the vehicle, but they have not responded as of yet. I guess my next step will be directly to GM. Either way, I don't see how I can drive around in the car with this issue in it.

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
I was told by the service manager that the problem was reproduced but the problem was not something that could be fixed and that I would have to live with it. It was his opinion that was related to the coolant. He was unable to put any time table to the solution, but he was hopeful that at some point would go away. Clearly that is an unacceptable response. I can't be inhaling toxic fumes while driving the vehicle.
Take a look at the antifreeze smell thread. There is a GM TSB for identifying the source of the leak. From what I'm reading there are several different potential leak points and not all Cruzen with this issue are leaking at the same spot. Give that information to your dealership. Also, call GM Customer Service directly. Maybe between Stacy and GM Customer Service asking your dealership about why your car stinks they'll be motivated to find and fix the problem.

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Stacy --

I have brought it back this week. I was told by the service manager that the problem was reproduced but the problem was not something that could be fixed and that I would have to live with it. It was his opinion that was related to the coolant. He was unable to put any time table to the solution, but he was hopeful that at some point would go away. Clearly that is an unacceptable response. I can't be inhaling toxic fumes while driving the vehicle.

I have written directly to dealership about receiving a refund on the vehicle, but they have not responded as of yet. I guess my next step will be directly to GM. Either way, I don't see how I can drive around in the car with this issue in it.

Cruze772011,
I would like to look into this further for you. Can you please send me a PM with your name, address, phone number, VIN, current mileage and the name of your dealer? I look forward to hearing back from you.
Thank you,
Stacy Chevrolet Customer Service

41 - 43 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.