Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Friends...

MY daughter has a 2011 cruze 6 speed manual.

The clutch pedal goes down with almost no effort.....and then wont go into gear.

The fluid level is fine, no signs of leakage anywhere of fluid. My daughter said a while ago (yes daughter is a little light on the details) that the clutch went in but did not come out until a few seconds later and started to work again.... Not sure what that means or if related but I am stumped what the problem could be.

If the master cylinder or slave cylinder was bad would the clutch pedal go in real easy (like if the spring was not pulling it back it would fall in)? What else could be the problem? Any help or thoughts would be great.

Paul

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Might try a simple brake fluid flush and see what happens and go from there.

Brake fluid is like anything else. Nothing lasts forever.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I check the fluid again and it was above the minimum but decided to add more. Then I pumped the pedal about 60 times and it started to build pressure and started to work. Very strange because the fluid level was above the minimum.

I will do your suggestion and flush and put new brake fluid in. Thanks

Paul

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
I don't know what it uses.

If it uses 3. You'll be ok to use 4 but if it uses 4. You better use 4.

I have 4 in my bike that calls for 3. 4 has a higher boiling point. I don't know what other advantages there are over 3.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
New update on the issue. Turns out I missed some leakage coming out of the transmission housing. Might be the slave cylinder inside? Anyone have any tips on replacing that if that is the problem? Not sure if I should take to a transmission place if I need special tools. Any video links or advise on that repair would be appreciated.

Paul

·
Registered
135 Posts
I believe its an external slave cylinder which is super easy to replace on your own. They might even sell the master/line/slave kit as an already pre-bled unit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts