Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

2011 Cruze Eco / Motorola Droid2 / Bluetooth / Phonebook

3191 Views 9 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  herchevycruze
Anyone having issues syncing phonebook after ginderbread update?
I originally had my phonebook synced but after the firmware update of the phone and repairing of the device, I no longer have the phonebook. I got the message to allow access and selected yes.

Anyone else having the same issue?
Anyone have a fix?

TIA
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
46 Posts
Anyone having issues syncing phonebook after ginderbread update?
I originally had my phonebook synced but after the firmware update of the phone and repairing of the device, I no longer have the phonebook. I got the message to allow access and selected yes.

Anyone else having the same issue?
Anyone have a fix?

TIA
I have the Mytouch 4g with the official T-Mobile Gingerbread update and it completely killed the phonebook sync. The only way for me to be able connect my phone to the car is to deny access to my phone book, if I don't the Bluetooth connection keeps pairing and un-pairing randomly. So basically you'll just have to live with out it for now until it is fixed or install a custom build of android.

· Registered
37 Posts
Kingissa,

Does your MyTouch pair and unpair in the middle of a call when you receive a text message? I have an Incredible that just received the OTA Gingerbread update. Did it to me today in the middle of a conversation on the ride home. Just curious.

· Premium Member
361 Posts
I just ordered the lg esteem that was released yesterday from metropcs. Hearing about the synch problems you guys are having with the new gingerbread update is about the last thing I wanted to hear today. :(

· Registered
46 Posts
Kingissa,

Does your MyTouch pair and unpair in the middle of a call when you receive a text message? I have an Incredible that just received the OTA Gingerbread update. Did it to me today in the middle of a conversation on the ride home. Just curious.
For me it used to pair and unpair and unpair at random times which was really annoying. But after I denied access to the phonebook everything works fine except the accessing the phonebook on the radio.

· Registered
33 Posts
I have the thunderbolt (yes, its a complete piece of Verizon / HTC garbage, dont let anyone tell you otherwise) and after the latest update (gingerbread) I am finally able to use the phone in the car. Before it would just connect randomly from the phone to the car and even drop calls via bluetooth... call would start out on the phone then go to the car speakers, then drop calls, all randomly. Now I have only tested it a few times after the update but it appears to work flawlessly... phone book and all (knock on wood).

· Registered
37 Posts
I have the thunderbolt (yes, its a complete piece of Verizon / HTC garbage, dont let anyone tell you otherwise) and after the latest update (gingerbread) I am finally able to use the phone in the car. Before it would just connect randomly from the phone to the car and even drop calls via bluetooth... call would start out on the phone then go to the car speakers, then drop calls, all randomly. Now I have only tested it a few times after the update but it appears to work flawlessly... phone book and all (knock on wood).

Yea, but it has a kickstand!! :biggrin:

So did you do anything to make it work flawlessly? I have the Gingerbread update on my Incredible and it is doing all the things that you mentioned...

· Registered
96 Posts
I recently purchased a Motorola Electrify (known as Photon by Sprint) When it pairs with the car a message comes up on my phone saying phonebook access requested but my phonebook never comes up. I have been able to make and receive calls fine but another strange thing I noticed is that when calling out if the call goes to voicemail it transfers the call back to my handset... Weird. Haven't found a setting for the car or the phone as to why it might be doing this.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.