Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

2011 Cruze Error P0302 - 110k miles - cold weather

5K views 16 replies 4 participants last post by  Autochallenged 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

Was hoping I could get some insight on this before investigating any further. I'm in PA where the weather is obviously very bipolar. Back in February I was driving up a relatively steep hill at about 15 mph and it sounded like the engine was hesitating to run. The engine light blinked for about 5 seconds and I never had any trouble again. Since then, I have had trouble now and again with it hesitating but nothing serious enough to investigate. Fast forward to today where the car has started doing it again, just when the weather has gotten sub 40 degrees again. If I hammer down on the gas, the engine will hesitate and I'll get the blinking P0302 error. If I slow down and only accelerate at a slow rate, it does not run into any problems. I'd really like to get some insights on what to expect before taking it into the dealership so I know how much money I am looking at spending.

Thanks guys!

#5 ·
I was having Issues with P0303 code on my 1.6T Cruze in WA (Australia) and strange as it may seem I noticed a difference from driving in the cooler morning to the hotter afternoon. Car was hesitating just like yours.

I have just changed the Coil pack and no more P0303 code and all hesitation and juddering gone.

#9 ·
Got new coil pack and spark plugs and getting it changed tonight. I could only get the light to come on if I actually tried to get it to come on by slamming the gas pedal when I was hesitating. Ever since then it has been fine but I know it won't get better unless I get it fixed.

#12 ·
So after having this changed and driven 1200+ miles for a road trip this weekend I am happy to say that it has never happened again since the fix. Initially we could not see anything wrong the old equipment but I guess that it is not uncommon. Happy to get this fixed again and now I will move onto the next thing which is getting the hood paint chips repaired before winter!

#13 ·
As a fellow PA resident, I just wanted to chime in that PA weather is not bi-polar, it's manic depressive, borderline, irrational! ;-)

I am currently experiencing issues with miss fire, so picking up coil pack tomorrow and possibly replacing a spark plug as I think #1 was stripped when it was replaced a few months ago.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.