Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to everyone,

I think that finally it's time to present my Cruze :biggrin:. Since I don't currently have pictures of my brown Cruze (before-after upgrades), I'll present only white one. So, car was like this at start (I took pictures at the day of purchase) - 2011 LS+ 1.6 (124hp) with body kit:

Land vehicle Vehicle Chevrolet cruze Car Mid-size car Land vehicle Vehicle Chevrolet cruze Car Chevrolet Land vehicle Vehicle Car Chevrolet cruze Mid-size car Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mid-size car Luxury vehicle Land vehicle Vehicle Car Chevrolet Motor vehicle

I wanted exactly this model in white with body kit, which was sold only with 1.6 engine and middle equipped, alternative was fully equipped 1.8 LT. So when I saw it, I knew that I'll buy it :). But this stock look didn't stand for long - few days after I decided to put chrome stickers on door handles:

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mid-size car Motor vehicle Vehicle door Automotive exterior Vehicle Car Door handle Vehicle door Door handle Automotive exterior Vehicle Car

It's not bad, but the real thing would be OEM chrome handles (I was searching on eBay, but all OEM models are without hole for door lock on front passenger side, which EU models have - if You have some additional info, feel free to share it :) ).
After that I decided to buy few more chromed details (cluster ring, window switches, headlight swithc). First of all, I wanted to change cluster ring which is gray on LS, with chromed ring from LT. Since no one wants to sell only ring, and prices for whole cluster are too high (I must pay shipping, customs, etc...), I ordered "wannabe" chrome ring from eBay :) So, cluster down:

Gauge Auto part Speedometer Measuring instrument Rim

And the final look:

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Speedometer Chevrolet cruze Vehicle Car Family car Hatchback Minivan

After I returned everything, I noticed that one plastic part from old ring broke and fell into the cluster (visible on picture). Ok, disassemble everything again... So as You can see, at start most of changes were very minor.
One of the things that I missed it most was lack of USB port for playing music (which LT had :angry:). I wanted to buy OEM MyLink multimedia, but I wasn't sure if I can connect it without (re)coding. Since I also wanted stock look, choice was pretty easy - Android multimedia. Installation was very easy, it took half an hour do disassemble everything. But the real "art" was how to put whole bunch of cables behind the radio, since there is simply no space. But, somehow I did it:

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Chevrolet Steering wheel Vehicle Car Chevrolet Mode of transport Steering wheel

One thing after another, after change of multimedia I wanted to change complete sound system. Since this LS model doesn't have tweeters in A pillars (thank You Chevy :angry:), I bought new pillars in which I can place tweeters:

This part is still in progress, I can't decide what to install - only speakers or system with amplifier and sub..
At start I said that I wanted exactly this model with body kit which is very attractive to me (because of that now I must buy pillars, clusters, multimedia.. :grin:). But I knew that it can be more attractive. So, I decided to tint windows and also apply black foil to roof. Here is final result:

Land vehicle Vehicle Chevrolet cruze Car Chevrolet Land vehicle Vehicle Car Chevrolet cruze Mid-size car Land vehicle Vehicle Chevrolet cruze Car Mid-size car Land vehicle Vehicle Car Full-size car Mid-size car

This is current and (I'm hoping) not final look. It would be nice to have leather interior, OEM cluster, etc.. :grin: But this stuff is so hard to find in Europe (or too expensive to buy and import from US to Croatia) so I guess I need to be patient..

1 - 1 of 1 Posts