Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The other day when my wife came out from work and started the Cruze she pulled out of the parking lot and within a half mile the MIL started flashing and the service stabilitrack message came on. After a bout 30 seconds everything came back to normal, no lights or warnings and the car was running normal. The next morning everything was fine when she went to work, she warms it up in the AM as we are in winter in PA. Again when she left work the same thing happend at the same time except this time after flashing for 30 seconds the light stayed on which I was glad it did so I could check the code which was P0302. A little googling let me know that this was a misfire in cylinder 2. I figured I would start with the cheapest thing first which was to replace the spark plugs but that wasn't it as the car did it again today when I tested it out. Same thing, I got in and only let it idle for about a minute and drove off. About 20 seconds in and the light blinked for about 30 seconds and then went back out. I checked the code and it was still pending a P0302. I figure the next step would be a new coil pack but I really wanted to see if any of you fine people here have seen this problem. Its kinda strange that it only happens at a very specific time/temperature and goes away and only under load as the light doesn't come on if you let it warm up at idle.
I also put in a bottle of Lucas oil fuel injector cleaner but I haven't run much of that through yet.

Update: well the coil pack did not fix the problem. Not sure what to try next.

·
Registered
92 Posts
thinking coil pack as well. So after fixing the negative battery cable ( previous one was loose) the car was fine for a few days. Yesterday when I started going (engine coolant 18 degrees), i got P015b (o2 sensor delayed response-lean to rich) and p0302 (cylinder 2 misfire detected). Is my O2 sensor going out and should be replaced? was thinking ignition coil as well...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts