Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am new to this forum, I recently purchased a 2011 Cruze LT. I work at a GM dealership in the parts department and I am manager of the accessories department, however, nobody (even GM) can answer my question. So i'm hoping someone on here has tried it. I want to add the ambient lighting package, and in my GM catalog for the 2011 there isn't one listed. I can find a part number for the kit, but it comes up discontinued and it states it fits a 2011-2012 cruze. If I look up a 2012 cruze it lists the package P/N: 95088392 that fits 2012-2014. I've already ordered one in to look at but it wont be here for another week. In theory this should fit as they didn't really change anything from 2011 to 2012, and if the old discontinued part number fits 2011-2012, and the new number fits 2012 and on, it should be able to be installed.

Thoughts.....

·
Registered
2014 Cruze 1LT with Tech and Convenience Pkgs.
349 Posts
My thought is good luck, I hope it works. There were minor changes from 11 to 12 with various things...it is possible this won't work, but then again, I don't see why not. It's just like for the 2014's...many aftermarket parts aren't listed for 14 even though they work fine...they're listed 11-13.

I know my post was pointless and uninformative, but I wish you luck.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I appreciate the reply. I've been looking over the directions for installation, and it looks like it simply splices into the accessory plug/cig lighter for power, and then you drill the holes and mount the LED's and the switch in the center console. So there is no reason why it shouldn't work.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
UPDATE

I've got the kit in stock. Opened it up, and there is no reason it won't work in the 2011. Looking at the directions, you drill the holes, mount the led's, and then there is an adapter harness that you unplug the cigarette lighter next to the cup holders, plug that into a new harness that splits off to reconnect to the cigarette lighter and then go to the ambient lighting brain box that comes with the kit. I did take a couple pictures of the kit.

This is the splice connector that you plug the cig lighter harness into and then it splits off to go back to the cig lighter and then go off to power the lighting kit.

·
10,711 Posts
Let us know how it goes with lots of pics and videos. 200 is steep but I could justify not having to be "creative" for it to work.

Sent from my iFail 5s

·
Premium Member
6,915 Posts
Am I mistaken this kit is on it own seperate switch? Seems GM should have ran this off the footwell lighting off the BCM dome light wire so they come on and turn off when you open the door. Plan to add some footwell lighting this summer, shold not cost me more than $30 for everything needed.

There are aftermarket cup holder LED kits too, those being so close to cigarette lighter should hook up their. Like the idea of this kit, but is way to expensive and doesn't seem very well thought out.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This kit has its own separate switch that mounts in the glove box. It has its own "brain box" which is the black box with the wire coming off of it and the three connectors going into it in the picture above.

·
Registered
190 Posts
thanks for the photos. can you post a picture of the switch in the glove box. so just to be sure these lights don't come on when you open the door like the dome lights do. also what does a dealer charge to install this? or how many hours does it take for them to install.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Is the switch to turn it on or to change the colors

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Switch in the glove box is towards the end of the pictures. The switch turns it on, cycles through 7 different colors, and then turns it off, just keep pressing until color desired is on or keep pushing it ti'll they turn off. And it stays set at whatever color you choose. They turn on when the key is turned, and turn off when you open the door to get out. They're really cool and I love them. I've got a bunch of other people who want me to install kits in their cars.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Really like the looks of this, thanks for posting pictures. What was the price you were able to find this kit for?
I got it right from GM as I work in the GM parts department as the accessory manager, so I cant disclose pricing, however I can tell you that this kit would normally go for $511 Installed, cost of parts and installation. Just parts if you were looking to install it yourself is $400

·
Premium Member
2,234 Posts
Guess I'll stick with my plan and go with LED strips. $400 or even $100 is more than I would pay. I'm not real big on the light next to the pedal. Looks a bit bulky. I would have thought GM would have tried to conceal the light a little better but overall the effects look pretty good! Thanks for the write up!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts