Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Patience Of Job
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems this Cruze continues to give me problems to the point I want to abandon it & wash my hand's w/ this car. It seems my engine light keeps coming on & going off. The only code the Advanced Auto told me is the "brake pedal sensor" issue - the scanner said the code was permanent but the engine light is confused if it's going to stay on or off. The brake lights are working normal & the shifter work normally nothing seems to be out of order here. The second code was the lost communication w/ body control module, the funny thing is after the battery change this stayed way for awhile & just returned the other day.

Now please someone correct me if I am wrong I was under the impression that the remote start wouldn't work if the engine light was on due to emissions issue only. If I am wrong please call me on this & help clear this up for me. Because my remote start will not work during the engine light on, & at the moment only due to the brake pedal sensor & the lost communication w/ body control module.

Frustratinnnnng badly here....... The ones here that know the issues I have had w/ this car & no resolution in sight it seems.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
The only code the Advanced Auto told me is the "brake pedal sensor" issue - the scanner said the code was permanent but the engine light is confused if it's going to stay on or off.
What code? The sensor is a dual sensor and will set a code if the two sensors don't track properly. We've had a couple of people here who have managed to wear their sensors out. Most codes will disappear on their own if the problem doesn't reappear. It will disappear from the history if it doesn't reappear for a longer period of time.

Now please someone correct me if I am wrong I was under the impression that the remote start wouldn't work if the engine light was on due to emissions issue only.
First I've heard of this. My 2013 owner's manual says it won't work if the light is on.

·
Patience Of Job
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First I've heard of this. My 2013 owner's manual says it won't work if the light is on.
This is simply me then thinking this, because initially when the first time this happened (non-remote start); was due to emissions issue when I had my catalytic converter replaced it didn't start until that was resolved. So this is where the confusion came in for me. Nothing was actually mentioned on this, just me thinking this. Thanks for clearing that up.

What code? The sensor is a dual sensor and will set a code if the two sensors don't track properly. We've had a couple of people here who have managed to wear their sensors out. Most codes will disappear on their own if the problem doesn't reappear. It will disappear from the history if it doesn't reappear for a longer period of time.
The guy, didn't give me the code unfortunately. So I will get it re-scanned. The thing is the code was a permanent code, however the engine light went off & now is back on as mentioned. So that is why all this confuses me. I will get this into the dealer soon to get the pedal sensor replaced, if I decide to even continue driving it.

I have always been a big Chevy Cruze fan & went through a lot w/ this one, even tho GM has stepped up to the plate each time my car as had issues. So thumbs up to there willingness to resolve issues. But thumbs down on reliability of the Cruze.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
I know "active" codes, "history" codes and "pending" codes. I have no idea what a "permanent" code would be. So far, each code I've looked into in detail will clear itself at some point of the problem doesn't reappear/test doesn't fail.

·
2,170 Posts
Man that sucks. I'd be just as fed up at this point if I had the problems you've had.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts