Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,016 Posts
The only code the Advanced Auto told me is the "brake pedal sensor" issue - the scanner said the code was permanent but the engine light is confused if it's going to stay on or off.
What code? The sensor is a dual sensor and will set a code if the two sensors don't track properly. We've had a couple of people here who have managed to wear their sensors out. Most codes will disappear on their own if the problem doesn't reappear. It will disappear from the history if it doesn't reappear for a longer period of time.

Now please someone correct me if I am wrong I was under the impression that the remote start wouldn't work if the engine light was on due to emissions issue only.
First I've heard of this. My 2013 owner's manual says it won't work if the light is on.

·
Premium Member
8,016 Posts
I know "active" codes, "history" codes and "pending" codes. I have no idea what a "permanent" code would be. So far, each code I've looked into in detail will clear itself at some point of the problem doesn't reappear/test doesn't fail.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.