Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently noticed that the rear passenger door isn't aligned to the rear quarter resulting in dings. See picture below.
Has anyone else experienced this? I will bring to dealership's attention at next oil change.

2012-04-07_13-40-34_779.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Oh yes, it has been written about several times on this site. Usually requires a door alignment and paint work or paint protection film. It appears to happen on Cruzen without the RS option or with doors that are not aligned properly. Search for "paint chips on Cruze" in the search bar on the right hand column of this page. You should see plenty.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I would have to say that panel alignment leaves a lot to be improved on these cars. If I was grading it I would have to give a D-.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
I can't complain on the door alignment on my 2012 2LT, a near perfect gap on the all doors completely around the perimeter.

Elected to install those aftermarker same color door molding, you only get one shot on installing these correctly. So decided to hold them in place with masking tape first. Would think the leading edge of that molding for the rear doors that is tapered should be even with the front edge of the door. But by carefully opening the door, it would jam into the front door. So I had to back that molding up about 3/16" inch. The closed gap between the front and rear doors is an eight of an inch, 3 mm for you metric guys. Open gap is 1/16" or 1.5 mm, in engineering terms, darn close.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts