Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks
Just hit 91K miles yesterday and the check engine light popped on. The code was P00B6, which translates to the radiator coolant temp sensor not jiving with the engine coolant temp sensor. I'm going to a assume the sensor (or sensors) in the radiator are toast. Getting the part is no big deal.

The problem...where the heck is it located on the radiator? I can't find it for the life of me. Are there really two? I have to say, this would be the first car I've ever had with 3 temp sensors!

Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, well 69 views and no replies. It must have been a stupid question?

I did end up finding it, just kind of buried more than I was expecting.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Josh,
I'll try to get a pic when I replace it this weekend.

I found a video on Youtube that outlines the reason why you may get the "engine hot shut off a/c" message in the summer that showed where the sensor is. It's actually near/part of the inlet on the passenger's side of the radiator. I had no idea there would be a radiator temp sensor and a coolant temp sensor. I've always done my own work when my cars are out of warranty, and I have to say that the Cruze is a giant step up in technology when compared so my other cars. The computer really does like to micromanage everything going on within 10 feet of the car.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor Replacement (Radiator)

There are only two sensors this is the one on the rad

Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor Replacement (Water Outlet)

And this is the one on the water outlet. It does say to do some circuit testing before changing the sensor but you can just try and change it and see what happens. Number 2 sensor which is the one on the side of the radiator

·
Registered
990 Posts
Have you tried deleting the code and seeing if it returns?

Any over heating?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I replaced the one in the radiator...it is a tight fit for your hands but it can be done. I didn't drain the radiator first and didn't end up losing enough coolant to make a difference. It took care of the problem instantly.

I did not have overheating, I had too much cooling and a temp gauge that would go from normal to cold quite a bit while driving.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Do you know what the part number is for the sensor that's located in the radiator? Is it the same part number as the sensor located in the water pump outlet

1 - 10 of 10 Posts