Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I purchased a MyLink head unit (see pictures)and want it installed in my car. The current loom hasn’t got the correct wiring harness, but I managed to buy a loom From a 2013 car that has the MyLink connections.

so, with that information, can I take the dashboard out, remove the loom and place the new one in? I would much prefer a wiring harness but I can’t find one.

if I can do the loom replacement, does anyone have a guide?

regards,
Luke
White Light Creative arts Sewing Art

missing connections in my car

Tool Finger Bicycle part Asphalt Bicycle handlebar

This is the conglomeration of wires I know I need installed

Car Vehicle Automotive design Media player Satellite radio

this is my dash now

Plant Sculpture Art Bicycle part Machine

Entire loom from the SRi-v 2013 model

Finger Pliers Audio equipment Tool Thumb

harnesses I need to introduce to my car

Gas Electronic device Technology Auto part Machine

Screen

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
It looks like you are trying to put it into a JG, which is pretty much a, "No, it won't work".

Completely different wiring and BCM programming, and the differences aren't trivial.

Maybe a really good auto-electrician/mechanic could work out how to do it, but I wouldn't count on it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It looks like you are trying to put it into a JG, which is pretty much a, "No, it won't work".

Completely different wiring and BCM programming, and the differences aren't trivial.

Maybe a really good auto-electrician/mechanic could work out how to do it, but I wouldn't count on it.
I feared this. I’ve seen a harness installation kit online from a place called gen5diy, so I would be keen to do that if the other option is a bust.
I would’ve gone aftermarket option, but they look rather stupid in the car.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I feared this. I’ve seen a harness installation kit online from a place called gen5diy, so I would be keen to do that if the other option is a bust.
I would’ve gone aftermarket option, but they look rather stupid in the car.
I don't think the gen5diy stuff would work in a Korean- or Oz-built Cruze, "Chevrolet" is not the same as "Holden", and definitely not the same as Daewoo - the JG is a Daewoo Premiere Lacetti with badge changes and some different programming. But I could be wrong. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't think the gen5diy stuff would work in a Korean- or Oz-built Cruze, "Chevrolet" is not the same as "Holden", and definitely not the same as Daewoo - the JG is a Daewoo Premiere Lacetti with badge changes and some different programming. But I could be wrong. :)
Ah, that’s good to know! You’re clearly much more educated in this than I am. I’m a doctor, maths and science is my thing!

I’m hoping there is something on the market to get this in, otherwise I’ve wasted my money; I’d assume some would buy it off me though.

I am definitely interested in a touch screen with apple play though, so perhaps an aftermarket screen would be appropriate.

This looks nice, however it’s android. The ones I see on the market look unusual as they sit below the stock standard screen

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Lots of people get Android head units, join the FB "Holden Cruze" page for some guidance as to ones that work.

P.S. I'm a computer scientist from the subjects I was admitted to my B.Sc. on, I just remember - well, used to remember, it's getting harder as I age - a lot of the vast amount of crap that flows past me.

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
13,251 Posts
Hi all,

I purchased a MyLink head unit (see pictures)and want it installed in my car. The current loom hasn’t got the correct wiring harness, but I managed to buy a loom From a 2013 car that has the MyLink connections.

so, with that information, can I take the dashboard out, remove the loom and place the new one in? I would much prefer a wiring harness but I can’t find one.

if I can do the loom replacement, does anyone have a guide?

regards,
Luke
View attachment 295709
missing connections in my car

View attachment 295712
This is the conglomeration of wires I know I need installed

View attachment 295710
this is my dash now

View attachment 295714
Entire loom from the SRi-v 2013 model

View attachment 295711
harnesses I need to introduce to my car

View attachment 295713
Screen
This will not help you with your install other than showing how much effort can go into doing this. If you do figure it out, please take pictures and and some notes so a How-To can be made.

The SQ Car Audio Thread V2
Mylink 2.0 Alternative and aftermarket hands free microphone adapter
How-To: Disassemble Radio To Program VIN
How I did the MyLink Wire Harness
Updated Quick and Dirty Mylink Upgrade DIY for Gen 1 Cruzes

No Splicing, Amplifier and Subwoofer Tutorial
Inside the Pioneer Amplifier
Factory Headunit sound quality Dropped with Aftermarket AMP , Speakers & Sub
Aftermarket headunit installation troubles
Removal Tutorial Mylink 7" Touchscreen System

Post in thread 'How-To: Replace door speakers'
How-To: install a Back Up Camera Cheaply
How-To: Add RCA output to your factory radio
After-market wiring connector that fits the Cruze speaker connector
HO Alternator link.

https://www.cruzetalk.com/attachments/2013_cruze_radio_audio_color_lan_busses_6-pdf.288901/https://www.cruzetalk.com/attachments/2013_cruze_radio_audio_monochrome_lan_busses_6-pdf.288902/

Extra stuff:
TSB #14311
Service Bulletin - NHTSA SB-10057574-8899
SB-10089945-2280
How-To: Installation of the Big 3 Cruze Kit
Clean the Terminals
Cruze Battery Upgrade Options

1 - 7 of 7 Posts