Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Cruze Eco and the passenger tail and brake light no longer work. Bulb is good and I checked for 12V when brake applied and it is 0V. Does anyone have the wiring schematic they could share with me?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
7,786 Posts
Check right front parking light - it's powered the same as the right rear tail light. Also check the fuses. Left and right have separate fuses, but brake and tail light are the same. It wouldn't hurt the check the ground as well - since the circuits are separate on the Cruze, you won't have the usual symptoms you see on older cars when they have a bad ground.

I'd also check for codes - the failure should be sensed by the BCM, even if it doesn't light a the CEL.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
3057 bulb combination brake and tail lamp in the right quarter panel? Four terminal bulb, two outside are for the brakes, two inside for the tail. Uses leaf contacts, bulb can be inserted either way, and if one has the slightest bit of corrosion on it, won't make contact, but works when the bulb is reversed.

Is both the park and brake light not working? Does have a short harness that plugs in under the trunk for another point to check.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts