Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Having a problem with my cruze. It has almost 150,000 miles on it now,automatic trans. When starting out, itgets going just fine, but as soon as it gets further up into the gears, the rpm’sjust jump up and I have no power. Theproblem seems to start in 4[SUP]th[/SUP] gear. I can manually shift it till then and then once it gets under any loadin 4[SUP]th[/SUP] gear the rpm’s just jump up and I have no power. 5[SUP]th[/SUP] and 6[SUP]th[/SUP] gear,nothing at all. This seems like thetrans is shot, but I wanted to throw this out to the community to give meanything else to check, or do I just need to bite the bullet and put a newtrans in? Although I didn’t check thetrans fluid the proper way, I was able to thread a zip tie down into the transand tell that there is definitely fluid in there, so I don’t think it is low onfluid, plus I have not noticed any signs of leakage. Let me know if there are any questions, and Ireally appreciate any thoughts or advice.

·
Registered
20 Posts
wow so sad that no one has responded - seems there's a lot of issues with the computers on these cars, but mine, 2011 cruze 6 speed auto, on the interstate doing 70 the speedo and tach go nuts and the tranny starts to shift down all the way to first WTH!!?? then once off the interstate it never downshifts, so I'm starting out in 6th gear??
I have a ton of miles but its never been abused, mostly interstate travel, so I'll bump this post and ask the community, what can I do to get this resolved? any quick fixes before I have to sent it to a shop?

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,346 Posts
Never saw this post originally.

If you have never had the fluid changed or checked, that is an excellent first thing to try. The trans cooler lines are known to leak on these cars, as well as axle seals...low fluid levels can definitely​ cause weird behavior.

In the future, fluid changes should be done every 45,000 miles in a Cruze.

·
Premium Member
2,696 Posts
Missed this post first time around too, thanks for the bump.

Definitely agree with the fluid change first. Mine’s a diesel and the owner’s manual states the auto transmission is a “lifetime fill” but that is definitely NOT so. Changed trans fluid at 70,000 miles and it was black as crude oil.

·
Registered
20 Posts
mine was changed about 20,000 miles ago due to a quick connect to the tranny, a 40 cent plastic part failing causing all fluid to dump on the interstate. one fortunate thing for me, the trans was not damaged. pulling the codes, it looks like a speed sensor + output trans speed or shaft sensor, but I've tried to find but I can't see where they are located.
I wrote down the codes but don't have them with me, any pictures or help locating these would be great.

update: codes I received, p0723 p0700 and p0723...again and again

·
Registered
20 Posts
update: had an Indy check the system and codes, p0700 was thrown because it needed to set check engine, due to p0723 over and over. Speed sensor is indeed in the tranny so the pan needs to be removed. 3hrs labor + parts

1 - 7 of 7 Posts