Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
Duralast New Water Pump BWP-2274 - Read Reviews on Duralast New #BWP-2274

So have the waterpump went out on me again. Have anyone found a manufacturer that have a water pump that doesn't break so often? Duralast has one from autozone, has anyone have a long term luck with it?
Are you out of the extended pump warranty.......10yr 120k if memory serves.

I believe the GM has had three redesigns as well as fastener replacement and specific torque ratings for the fasteners (no longer the same for each).

Most secondary failures are a result of fastener reuse and incorrect torque since each position has a different spec.

I am not aware of any aftermarket pump changes in design but the fasteners (and new torque specs) must be followed.

Rob

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
I hope Robby is right but I am on my fourth pump and is really the only thing that has been wrong with my car. Last time I had mine replaced I had my water outlet replaced not too long after the water pump.
I am hoping fourth time is charm. I still have four years for the warranty and I know I won't hit the mileage but if it goes out again I will seriously consider dumping the car and if my financial situation at the time is right I probably will sell it after getting it fixed.

So far since I had the water pump and water outlet replaced the last time I haven't lost a drop of antifreeze. I am approaching 20,000 miles on the current water pump and I haven't gotten more than that out of a water pump so I will see.
Heh,
You are a brave man........If I made that statement my pump would be leaking before I hit the 'send' button.

Rob

1 - 2 of 2 Posts