Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need advice from mechanics out there. 2012 with 160k and blown head gasket (1.4 turbo). My local salvage yard has 2018 engine with 25k for $650 with the turbo...will I have a problem matching up manifolds and sensor connections or will ECM not work with 2nd gen engine?

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
11,285 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
There is another recent post that says it is a completely different engine. i would try and find that to see who answered that question. Also another thread that has very low miles Gen I engines for $1300 shipped to your door

EDIT:

New Take Out 1.4 Turbo Engines with 4 miles on them for $1300 each
I wonder if the folks at the salvage yard did any checking first. Normally, they have access to cross-reference info which tells them whether or not something from a different year or different model will fit. I'm surprised they didn't catch this. ( 2012 LUJ / LUV versus 2018 LE2 ).

Doug

·
Registered
22 Posts
Not sure if you figured this out yet, but I had to replace my engine in my ‘12. I can confirm any LUJ/LUV 2011-2014 engine will work. Auto or manual. If you end up getting an engine with a different transmission, you’ll have to use your old wiring harness. Depending on the year, you may need to use your old intake manifold as well. I can’t comment on the 2nd gen engines in the 1st gen Cruze though.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not sure if you figured this out yet, but I had to replace my engine in my ‘12. I can confirm any LUJ/LUV 2011-2014 engine will work. Auto or manual. If you end up getting an engine with a different transmission, you’ll have to use your old wiring harness. Depending on the year, you may need to use your old intake manifold as well. I can’t comment on the 2nd gen engines in the 1st gen Cruze though.
No, car is still sitting in my garage... thanks for the info on the gen 1 motors..did you swap yourself or have a shop do it for you?

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
11,285 Posts
No, car is still sitting in my garage... thanks for the info on the gen 1 motors..did you swap yourself or have a shop do it for you?
If you have a choice, I would stick to 2014-2015 low mileage engines.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Take a look on the swap I've done last summer:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts