Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently discovered some issues just seeing if anyone has advice or went through same things.... #1 noticed a misfire and arc coming off last spark plug on the right side(looking down at motor). #2 while changing out plugs and coil pack i noticed the same plug that was misfiring had oil on top of it an when i pulled it out oil was dripping off the bottom..... With that being said my question is, is the oil coming from the build up from not being burnt off while misfiring? OR is the misfire being being cause by the oil coming from else where?

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
The cam cover gasket (O'Ring) around the plug hole is leaking into the well and this may be causing the misfire since you have created another path to ground.

Anyways, needs the cam cover seal replaced.

Rob

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Valve covers, camshaft covers, how about valve spring keeper covers, or camshaft solenoid valve covers, still the same thing.

1903 Buick never had a problem with an OVH valve engine cover, it didn't have one. But has been a GM problem every since with those cheap tin ones. Finally got a break with 80's Japanese cars, used a case aluminum valve cover, 88 Supra still has that. 454 CID engine got a Fel-Pro gasket that finally works.

1.4L uses a plastic one, if you think aluminum has a terrible thermal coefficient of expansion, look into plastics. Always checking the some old 18 bolts on mine, always find 3 or 4 of them loose. Need a Torx E10 socket for these. Wouldn't be near the problem if GM used aluminum and since they are covered by that five year PT warranty, had to replace a ton of these. If they had a bean counter with brains, but no such thing of a bean counter with brains, would have been far ahead money wise.

Plastic intake manifolds are not too bad on a four, side mounted and ain't got no coolant flow through them. But were a disaster on V-6's or V-8's due to thermal expansion and contraction and do have coolant flowing through them. Guess those engineers didn't know how to deal with bean counters.

If you are under five years and under 100K miles, just take it in to a good Chevy dealer, ha, getting hard to find these, they will replace it for free. Not only seal leaks, but may have a crack in it. Mine had a crack.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts