Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Trying to chase down an oil leak in a 2012 Chevy Cruze 1.4. Around a year ago the car starting leaking oil from what appeared to be multiple places onto the ground, and throwing a few check engine lights. After browsing the forum I determined the PCV valve in my intake had packed up and left town. I ordered the repair kit from Xtreme Revolution, installed it, and the codes and oil leak both cleared themselves. Fast forward to a year later, and the car is leaking oil again. It was leaking multiple drops from multiple points over the course of a night. I degreased and pressure washed the engine, and brake cleaned the spots I could not reach with the wand. I let the car run for a while, and noticed a drop forming at the oil cooler. I brake cleaned the spot and it returned minutes after. After browsing the forum I determined the oil cooler seals were the likely culprit. I ordered new gaskets from GM and installed them, along with a new turbo feed line. After this repair I brake cleaned the engine again. A week later I have more oil on the ground, and what appears to be oil leaks in multiple spots. I have attached photos of various spots where oil drops are forming. Oil is currently covering and dripping off of the check valve I installed, the starter, the oil cooler, the ac compressor, and is wet on nearly the entire bottom half of engine. Since the initial PCV issue was causing multiple leaks as well, I have began to look in that direction again. I smoke tested the intake to see if the screw used to block off the old pcv valve had failed. I smoked the intake using the new connection provided with the xtreme revolution kit where the hose coming off the new check valve connects to the top of the intake. I am not 100% this test was correct to determine if the screw had failed. I did not see any smoke making it through the screw/epoxy after popping off the corrugated hose. I have also checked the check valve at the turbo and it seems to be working as it should. Thanks in advance for any pointers.

·
Registered
374 Posts
For what’s its worth, after installing the fix kit I had to replace the intake manifold gasket. I chose to reuse it, bad idea. Whole back is the engine for coated in oil. Was dripping from the check valve like yours as well onto the starter

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thebigzeus, thanks for showing me that. I too reused the old intake manifold gasket when installing the pcv fix kit. I would say my next step should be replace the gasket, clean, and reassess.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts