Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 70k miles and just recently began hearing a grinding sound while coasting. It seems to be happening the worst in 3rd gear as it drops from 2500 to 1700 rpm. I jacked it up and tried shaking the wheels to see if it was a wheel bearing but they seemed solid. I've been told it could be synchro related or some other kind of tranny issue. I replaced the rotors and brakes 1000 miles ago and they seem to be wearing fine. Please help me figure this out. This car has been a nightmare. Replaced the waterpump twice, thermostat, valve cover, and the clear coat is pealing off the wheels.

·
Administrator
25,608 Posts
Get it in. It's most likely an internal transmission issue and will be covered under the power train warranty.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have not changed the transmission fluid. I'm beginning to stray away from the transmission idea because it now happens at an idle, all 6 gears, and any rpm. The cam positioning sensor is leaking oil and i have horrible fuel mileage.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update: Cam positioning sensor is leaking oil and the GM dealer said my crankshaft pulley needs replaced. They told me neither of the issues are covered under warranty. They said they drove the car and everything was fine including the turbo. They did not address the poor mileage problem unless they are considering the crankshaft pulley to be the cause of the bad fuel mileage. I told them not to work on it if it wasn't covered under warranty because right now I can't afford hundreds of dollars to fix something that may not be the problem. Should the sensor and pulley be under warranty and why would the pulley be bad?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts