Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 1.4t with 125k miles. Highway miles. Still gets 31mpg. I have both codes p0299 and p0599. Both popped up roughly the same times.

So after some research, I see the p0599 is for a thermostat. I have a brand new spare in the box. I just wanted and verify that it couldn't be something else. I read that the car will run the ran full speed at all times. I haven't really noticed if this is true or now.

the dreaded p0299 turbo wastegate rod failure. I was wondering if anyone has gone with the dorman replacement? Part # 667-203. Seems like a good package deal with all the needed gaskets and bolts.

Any advice is appreciated!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump.

Any one have a parts list for the OEM GM parts? The critical parts needed replaced, oil feed/return lines/ coolant feed/return lines, gaskets, washers...etc.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ended up going with all OEM parts. New oil and coolant feed and returns lines, get gaskets, etc. Old turbo had 3 nice size cracks around the wastegate flapper. Took about 2.5 hours to change. Car is running good.

Also replaced the thermostat too.

No more CELs for either.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Thanks for the update. I remember seeing your OP and wondering about the Dorman too. I see you went OEM.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the update. I remember seeing your OP and wondering about the Dorman too. I see you went OEM.
I thinks its more of a piece of mind with a OEM GM part. The new casting on the exhaust portion of the turbo was several different part # marks. So im hoping they updated it. Be nice to get another 125k miles.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I noticed there's an AcDelco Reman now listed in the Rockauto catalog. Did you get a new one, or did you get a OEM AcDelco Reman?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts