Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi There!

I've searched all over the place but I'm not finding any answers. I have a 2012 Fleet Vin (Lordstown, OH built) Cruze - apparently similar to 1LT in most respects but not in all.

If you check my fuelly log, the most fuel I've been able to get in the car is about 10.5 gallons when the fuel light had been on for about 15 miles or so and I usually fill up to 1st click/stop and then round out the cents to whole dollar or .50 cents whatever is closer.

I've heard that not all Cruzen have the same gas tank size and am wondering if anyone knows for sure what size the fleet model comes with. I am quite jealous!.. of the range I hear from some people on the MPG threads and wish I would have considered an Eco 6MT at this point for a little more money (and I really miss having a stick, this is the first auto in about 10 cars I've had since 15 years old).

(For those wondering why I bought the Auto - I carpool with my Fiance to downtown every day in rush hour and we were getting tired of dead leg syndrome from stop and go, would have preferred a CVT but the 6A seemed like a good compromise too).

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
I suspect it has the standard 15.6 gallon tank. It may have the ECO MT's fuel pump assembly, however, which has a bushing that closes the main tank vent three gallons early at 12.6.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,486 Posts
With the gas light on, I've put 12.8 gallons into my 1LT...so you may well have the Eco's fuel pump.

Hmmm...strange!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Could you guys elaborate or direct me to a thread that explains what the Eco MT fuel pump differences are and why they exist? Thank you for the information so far!

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Interesting.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
For what its worth I had one of these tanks down out of a fleet cruze on Friday, the tank says 12.6 gallons right on it. View attachment 9315
Would be interesting to know if the part number here matches the Eco MT or not - could clarify another strange fleet vin oddity even further.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I have a 2012 1FL i just bought.When i get back to the the Dealer after lunch i will have parts check the part number for my tank

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Ok my fuel tank is part number 13357002 and listed as 13 Gal.I would bet if i pull the tank down it says 12.6 gal on it.The part number shown on the tank pictured did not show in the GM system as a good number.Although that is not real unusual either.One thing is for sure they are not 15.6 Gal tanks

·
17,486 Posts
Ok my fuel tank is part number 13357002 and listed as 13 Gal.I would bet if i pull the tank down it says 12.6 gal on it.The part number shown on the tank pictured did not show in the GM system as a good number.Although that is not real unusual either.One thing is for sure they are not 15.6 Gal tanks
So next question...is the part number for a tank for an Eco model labeled as a 12.6 or 15.6 gallon tank?

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
There are only 2 tanks listed for 2012 this one most likely is the Eco tank.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
NL6 - FUEL TANK on your option label is a 12.6 gal tank

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
There are only 2 tanks listed for 2012 this one most likely is the Eco tank.
I thought it was confirmed that the Eco doesn't actually have a different size tank though, just a different venting setup and fuel pump assembly?

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
I can confirm (from putting 16 gallons) into my 2012 ECO MT that it has a 15.6 gallon tank. There is no way the fill pipe is over 3 gallons in size.

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
I thought it was confirmed that the Eco doesn't actually have a different size tank though, just a different venting setup and fuel pump assembly?
...what WAS valid for 2011 Eco's may NOLONGER be valid for later 2012 or 2013 models.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts

·
17,486 Posts
Gotcha. I'm too chicken to run the car that low. I've driven around in both the Liberty and S70 for almost 30 miles each with the gas lights on in heavy traffic, and they both took within a gallon of their tank capacity. The Jeep hiccuped on me as it was going up a hill into the station and I thought it had died.

My sister has run out her car before. She just "forgot" to put gas in it...

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

1 - 20 of 26 Posts