Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was at a local dealer's lot last night checking out Cruzes.

There were (2) crystal red tintcoat Cruzes there. One a 2012 and the other a 2013.

I could swear that the 2013 was much deeper and brighter looking than the 2012s.

Did Chevy perhaps make a change in the SHADE of the crystal red tintcoat between these model years ?

·
Premium Member
2,134 Posts
It isn't really "fading". Clear coat never really dries completely if you take care of it. what happens is when you go long stints without polishing it the clear coat gets more and more oxidized and begins to look cloudy. When you polish it you take that very top layer of clear off and it will look shiny again

·
Registered
543 Posts
A lot of GM colors seem to be very light sensitive. Two of my GM cars including crytal red Cruze don't look that good at all when it's overcast. The sunlight really makes the color pop. Maybe you saw the cars on two different brightness days.

·
Registered
422 Posts
A lot of GM colors seem to be very light sensitive. Two of my GM cars including crytal red Cruze don't look that good at all when it's overcast. The sunlight really makes the color pop. Maybe you saw the cars on two different brightness days.
See, and now I'm the opposite. I hate the look of the Black Granite Metallic in the sun, but it looks incredible on an overcast day.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts