Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Chevrolet Cruze LS NA 6spd Manual
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

First post here. My father-in-law has a 2013 Cruise LT Non-Turbo (Auto) and I always liked how comfortable it is.

I just bought a 2012 Black LS Non-Turbo (Manual) with 112K miles. It's an east coast car (was in Philadelphia for most of it's life so-far) with a brief stint in Texas.

I'm in San Diego, CA.

It's in pretty good condition. No rust underneath. Only the wheels have some rust.

I have a question about the roof. On the right and left sides of the roof, where the doors meet with the roof there are some strips.

They are completely stripped and look white. I believe they are metal but I am not sure.

What color should they be from factory? I did an image search to see if I could find one to compare to but none have the correct angle to see the roof.

Attached is a picture that I took.
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Wood

·
Registered
183 Posts
They’re supposed to be black but weather strips the coating over the years. And using those touch car washes doesn’t help

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
3,572 Posts
100% black

·
Registered
2012 Chevrolet Cruze LS NA 6spd Manual
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome! Thank you all for your really quick response.

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
11,936 Posts
Awesome! Thank you all for your really quick response.
Welcome Aboard!(y)

You may be able to use a small brush and some tire black to recolor them. Another possibility is using what is called Honor Guard for use on the sides of the soles on boots and shoes. I think both though will be a bit shiny.

Don't forget to introduce yourself and your Cruze here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts