Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seen it with my peers with all the tensions, swear there was a large gap between speeds 3 and 4, with 1 and 2 being hardly noticeable.

Temperature dropped to 32*F this morning, time to turn on the heat and first noticed quite a blast coming on speed 3. Playing with the blower speed switch and using what judgment I have left. Speed 1 is about 25%; 2, 50%; 3, 75%; and speed 4, a hurricane type blast as before.

I did not have this car back to the dealer, just once for a USB not connected problem. Only thing I can think of, since OnStar knows this car and has access to both the PCM and BCM. And perhaps they have access to those three byte storage areas in the flashram to change speeds 1,2, and 3. I have not heard about over the air flashram updates, but is in the realm of possibility.

Just to make sure I am not dreaming, went out and tried it again with the ignition switch on, engine off, is a nice progressive linear increase in blower speed. I like it.

Anyone else notice this? On the other hand, could have cracked up, but that shouldn't make any difference, as long as I am happy with the new speed settings, whether it real or not.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Still getting a powerful blast on speed 3, compared it with my Cavalier, about just as powerful with the blower on the Cavalier in the highest speed position.

Something changed, dealer didn't do anything, unless he came here in the middle of the night while we were sleeping.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yes, huge gap here. 1 is useless and 2 should be the first level of the blower. 3 is decent and 4 sounds like a I have a jet engine. Even worse with 4 is the amount of cold air coming out doesn't seem equal to the amount of noise I have to put up with. One thing is for sure, if I ever want to get rid of the wind noise in my door, use setting 4.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What we will do with this problem? I see there is really a large gap between 3 & 4 speeds and 4 is a **** of a noisel while 3 doesn't cool the car. I am in Riyadh and the temp. is exceeding 50 C, I will die if I don't put on speed 4. Pls. help.

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
1 - Mouse sleeping
2 - Cat stalking mouse
3 - Mouse running
4 - Cat chasing mouse

1 - 6 of 6 Posts