Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was "parked" 6 speed manul so in neutral parking brake, wile still at normal 800-900 rpm the the speedo went up to and held at 120KPH for a while 20-30 seconds.
I thought this was interesting to share.
Anyone have any idea what the cars computer was doing?

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,486 Posts
Most likely related to some sort of bad ground. If you haven't had the negative battery cable recall done yet, start there.

Before most of us knew about that battery cable coverage, there was a body control module/ECU reprogramming that could be applied to a Cruze to keep it from doing this. My '12 had it done because it would often say it was going 80 while stopped.

·
Registered
690 Posts
It is a known bug starting from Gen1. All 3 Cruze I drove/drive since 2011 have this issue. It happens randomly and if you push the clutch, the gauge goes back to "normal". One of cars has this issue once every 1-2 months, one has it once in a few months and the other one had for the first 2-3 years and then it happened only once.... The steering power changes also just try to spin the wheel when happens, you will notice the difference. Initially I noticed it because my radio was setup to adjust the volume related to the speed. So when the car "speeds up" the radio volume goes up too! I'd say don't bother, it never happens in driving mode, only when the stick is in neutral and the car is fully stopped. I gave up to find the reason why :)

·
2,170 Posts
I have not experienced this with my '14 1LT 1.4T 6 speed manual. Very interesting indeed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts